20 thoughts on “26 Questions To Help You Know Yourself Better

• April 23, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Great list of questions.Will be saving these to work on when my life is a bit calmer.Thank you x

• April 24, 2016 at 7:27 pm

How someone answers these questions says nothing about who they are.
    Who we are is not a solid “thing”, that can be defined. There is no solid “self”; who we are changes all the time. Emotions don’t stay—why define yourself by something which will inevitably change?

• April 24, 2016 at 9:24 pm

No need to define yourself – just know yourself as you are right now.

• April 27, 2016 at 9:02 am

Just because the self isn’t one static, simple, concrete object doesn’t mean that the concept is meaningless.

Forests, rivers and cities are also composite entities in a constant state of flux, but it doesn’t follow that nothing intelligent or worthwhile can be said about them.

• July 15, 2016 at 4:36 pm

I know who I am. I am a child of the most high king. I am made in the image of God. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.now what I need help with is to be a doer and stop procrastinating. I also want to know my purpose.there is something on this earth that each of us is suppose to do.help.

• March 21, 2017 at 9:54 am

Thank you so much for this! What I thought was going to be a fun game of 20 questions, ended up inspiring a blog post of my own and gave me some real insight to myself.

• April 10, 2017 at 12:49 am

Grateful for this site. Thank you so much. A whirling dervish in constant evolution (that procrastinates)…I Am.
    Hopefully these questions will help me to slow down and get a handle on who really, and authentically lives here! Thanks so very much for sharing yourthoughtful wisdom…..

• May 11, 2017 at 12:38 am

I have been following your posts and am grateful to you. Is also, reassuring to know how common my concerns and doubts are. Unfortunately, I am aware of my every verbal interaction and keep feeling worried about the consequences of my sayings. Is so stressful but difficult to stop. People, even close ones, are very critical and do not want to displease anyone.

• May 12, 2017 at 9:56 am

Thanks so much for reading. This sounds very stressful and like a long standing pattern. Start small – change can be a slow process of making tiny changes day after day.
      best to you,
      Sharon

• June 2, 2017 at 8:23 am

These questions when answered will pave way for one to acquaint with his weakness and take relevant steps to improve them.

• September 7, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Thank you! I have saved this on to my Pinterest board a while ago (actually for a friend). Now, I started with a new program and Therapist. I think, if I do the questions and answers for them, they will get to now me a little better. My Casemanager (whom I’ve had the longest) will be able to help me on the difficult questions. So, thank you so much. 🙂

P.S.
    I think this will also help, if/when I get back into DBT as well.

• December 13, 2017 at 6:12 am

Thank you so much for this. I am almost 63, and I STILL found it very helpful. I am going to recommend doing it to both my Grand daughters.

• January 16, 2018 at 11:20 am

Wow! I’ve been suffering from depression from the last 16 year, and I’m 32 now. I noted down all the questions and some of them are so difficult for me to answer, while other I could simply answer on the spot.
    I know this can also help me, together with therapy sessions I’m going. Thanks a lot!

• July 18, 2018 at 2:34 pm

I have always had a problem with telling people how I feel. I let my children run over me. And I can tell it is going to be something that happens with my grandchildren as well. I have been married 4 times and I think my husband is a narcissist . He is always right and blames everyone else for things I know he has said or done. It hurts more that I was not the parent that my children needed as children.but I guess this is something I will pay for , for life. I try to be positive but if something is brought up about childhood they each let me have it. I need to break this thing with my husband it will never be better, he hates my children and most grandchildren. I am 60 years old and totally lost on what to do. 43year old son and 21 year old granddaughter lives with me. I clean and bring in groceries and pay bills. Tied and don’t know what to do.

• January 23, 2019 at 8:48 am

If I could answer these questions, I wouldn’t need to be asking these questions.

• August 8, 2019 at 1:23 pm

I came across this article during a google search; as I am in the process of finding myself. Thank you for this. I needed this. I have noted all questions and plan on answering them. Thanks again Sharon.