Comments on
Mental Health Humor is PSYCHED to be at Psych Central!

I am so PSYCHED to be at Psych Central!  But with all networks, there is a transition period.  To some “Chato B. Stewart” and the “Mental Health Humor” cartoons are new.

The first knee jerk reaction is who in the hell would make fun of people with mental illness!!! What a Jerk!!!  I agree 100%!!!

Fortunately, that is not what I’m all about.  My goal is to use humor as a health coping mechanism.  I truly believe humor is the best medicine.  Yet, we all have varying taste when it comes to our own sense of humor.  That is why I have my “Warning” above.

My mission is NOT to laugh at my peers but rather with them.   Here is a good example of BAD mental health health humor written by my Blog Buddie, Alicia Sparks, on her Psych Central blog, Celebrity Psyching. While Reviewing the movie,  Observe And Report, she asks the question, “Does The Mental Health Humor Cross A Line?”

6 thoughts on “Mental Health Humor is PSYCHED to be at Psych Central!

• April 26, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I appreciate Chato linking to my website.

Allan Adams

• April 28, 2010 at 4:00 pm

those were funny… keep it up!

• April 28, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I find it sadly amusing that one individual, during the course of their life, can rack up an amazing range of diagnoses when seen by a variety of professionals in a variety of environments.

Adult Antisocial, Alcohol Dependence, Substance Dependence, ADD, Bipolar, BPD, Depression, Intermittent Explosive, Narcissistic Personality, Paranoid Personality, PTSD, Psychotic, Schizoid Personality, Schizotypal Personality, Somatization Disorders to name just a few of the medical labels acquired along the way.

Let’s not even start on all the pejorative names we’ve all heard too frequently although less seldom recorded in writing! It sometimes seems as if all possible labels were thrown at a wall & those that stuck form the diagnosis.

• April 29, 2010 at 9:31 am

Thx DM… I will post more real bad cartoons soon, I’m sure of it…. But I’ll try to keep them funny… 😉