A weather channel list of practical items just in case:
- At least a 3-day and preferably a 7-day supply of water (one gallon per person per day)
- Non-perishable food
- Formula, diapers, and other baby supplies
- Manual can opener
- First aid kit
- Prescription and non-prescription medicines
- Cell phones and battery-powered cell phone chargers
- Battery-powered radios and flashlights
- Plenty of batteries
- Extra cash
- Blankets, sleeping bags, books, and games (especially if evacuating)
If evacuation is mandatory, in your local area reader, please listen to local authorities. Have an evacuation plan; just in case. Know your neighborhood/community evacuation route. Have a to-go bag; ready. Being ready for any (foreseeable) challenge has helped me lessen my own anxiety. What helps you in times of potential crises?
Stay safe, be prepared, be watchful & alert to any warnings!