Give Life a Variety of Trees
When life gives you lemons over and over again, what can we do? Uproot every tree and plant something new. Force life’s hand to get a variety of vegetation and meat to have a balanced diet?
Yes, of course, this is just a metaphor for making something good out of something bad. The issue I keep getting a crappy hand dealt that I’m starting to believe I’m the reason. I don’t believe in luck or destiny so the only logical thinking is that I’m to blame for every negative outcome.
Normally I can see the good and silver lining in every dark cloud…Even if the lining isn’t there, I can see that as a positive. Being beaten down wears away that positive mindset.
What can I do to pull me out of think funk?
This is where the line gets blurry because what works for me is never quite the same thing. I believe it is mostly because my negativity is more symptomatic of the Bipolar. (And no doubt remnants of the dysfunctional dream killer of my childhood.)
Here is what I do know which seems to help me overcome being enslaved by negative thought:
- Think more positive thoughts
- Do more things and actions.
- This is like seeds, each positive thought is like planting a different tree to grow and nourish. So Life has variety.
- Speak out loud and verbalize positive talk.
- I even say my own personal mantra in order to re-enforce good vibes.
- Acknowledge my thoughts and thinking as what they are and label them as positive or negative.
- I try to validate the thought that is positive and try to identify negative thoughts as symptoms. It seems to give me some control over them. Which is when I can recognize them for what that are: toxic thoughts.
- Never underestimate the power of creativity. An ally in the war against negative thought.
Are you experiencing negative thoughts? What do you do to help deal with them?
Originally Posted at Chato Stewart’s Mental Health Humor at Psych Central: https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor
We’ve talked about taking medication the last few blog posts. Whether you are for medication or for something stronger and all natural like COFFEE, I feel it’s a personal choice.
Stewart, Chato. (2018). Monday. Psych Central. Retrieved on Nov 26, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor/2018/11/mental-health-turkey-humor/
IF YOU CAN READ THIS IT’S BECAUSE MY BLOG POST IS STOLEN AND REPUBLISHED WITHOUT PERMISSION –
HELP ME AND ONLY READ MY POST ON PSYCH CENTRAL – MENTAL HEALTH HUMOR