The Value Of A Caregiver
Are you caring for someone diagnosis (or undiagnosed with symptoms) of a mental disorder? Caregiving for the mentally ill requires skills and training. But for many, if not all, caring for loved ones comes with no manual, no training, and a lot of time no choice!
This is an open message to all caregivers everywhere, I want to thank you for putting up with us!! Thank you for your unconditional love!! Thank you for your compassion!! Thank You for making our beds.
When you think about it, a caregiver does so much, gives hours and days, years, and their life taking care of loved ones. It can be a thankless job at times. But one that has a lot of value, even if the receivers of the care don’t or can’t appreciate it at times or ever.
I got to thinking, how much value? So let’s look at it as if it’s only a 40 hour a week job. I understand in many cases your maybe working 24/7. It’s hard to gauge the monetary value with any accuracy cause the work is priceless!
Real Value to Priceless Work
It is a paid profession called Behavioral Health Technician. The average Mental Health Technician salary is about $33,424. Does the following description of a Mental Health Tech sound familiar?
Behavioral Health Technician
- Provided quality recovery services by collaborating effectively with team of clinicians, nurses and technicians in order to best assist patients with various behavioral problems including, substance abuse, eating disorders, mental instability and/or physical and emotional abuse.
- Participated in daily Treatment Team meetings with program manager, and psychiatrists to coordinate services.
- Ensured patient’s individual needs were consistently met by monitoring progress and providing appropriate solutions and support as needed.
- Observed and documented patient’s behavior, reporting any changes in physical and mental states to medical staff.
- Performed routine checks and vitals on patients to ensure the highest quality of health and safety was met at all times.
- Assisted patients with activities of daily living and personal hygiene.
- Skilled in data entry and use of various computer software programs to admit patients, update files and upload attachments in a timely manner.
- Completed all billing documentation daily, ensuring all information was accurate before sending out.
~ Behavioral Health Technician Resume Samples
Ode To The Caregiver Poem
JobHero. (2017). Behavioral Health Technician Resume Samples. JobHero. Retrieved on December 28, 2017, from http://www.jobhero.com/resume-samples/behavioral-health-technician
Stewart, C. (2017). The Value Of A Caregiver. Psych Central. Retrieved on January 21, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor/2017/12/the-value-of-a-caregiver/