Brain Awareness Week: Music On The Brain 4 #brainweek
I Loved drawing the Pinky and the Brain cartoon. So, I had to draw ‘The Brain” again! In this Brainstorm cartoon, we play some music for “The Brain.”
The Power of Music To Reduce Stress – By Jane Collingwood
Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies, especially slow, quiet classical music. This type of music can have a beneficial effect on our physiological functions, slowing the pulse and heart rate, lowering blood pressure, and decreasing the levels of stress hormones.
potential benefits of music…they have found:
- Music’s form and structure can bring order and security to disabled and distressed children. It encourages coordination and communication, so improves their quality of life.
- Listening to music on headphones reduces stress and anxiety in hospital patients before and after surgery.
- Music can help reduce both the sensation and distress of both chronic pain and postoperative pain.
- Listening to music can relieve depression and increase self-esteem ratings in elderly people.
- Making music can reduce burnout and improve mood among nursing students.
- Music therapy significantly reduces emotional distress and boosts quality of life among adult cancer patients.
@Brain Awareness Week / @The Dana Foundation BrainStoming Cartoon by @Chato B Stewart (4 of 7) #brainweek https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor/2017/03/brainawarenessweek04/
Click your mouse at the end of Chato B Stewart:
Brain Awareness Week 2017 March 13-19 #brainweek
— The Dana Foundation (@dana_fdn) March 13, 2017
Download or Print:
Collingwood, J. (2016). The Power of Music To Reduce Stress. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 16, 2017, from https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-power-of-music-to-reduce-stress/
Comments are closed for this post.
Stewart, C. (2017). Brain Awareness Week: Music On The Brain 4 #brainweek. Psych Central. Retrieved on September 24, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor/2017/03/brain-awareness-week-music-on-the-brain-4-brainweek/