Let’s Talk About Money. Do you need a job? Want to keep working? Riddle me this: Do you know what the most common drug test employers require?
Blood? Saliva? Hair? Nope! It’s pee! Urine drug testing is the most common test required for job applicants. Alison Doyle is one of the industry’s most highly-regarded career experts. Doyle says:
As part of the application process, job applicants may be required to be screened for drug and alcohol use prior to being hired or as a contingency of a job offer. Employees may be tested for drugs or alcohol in the workplace, where permitted by state law.
Read more if you want to know “What You Should Know About Pre-Employment Drug Testing” HERE. You’ll also get many other questions about employment and drugs.
What Drugs Can a Urine Test Detect?
Urine Drug Testing surprisingly can detect a full array of the most frequently used and abused drugs. Along with some not as commonly used.
According to Drug Tests in Bulk, certain ADHD medications may trigger a positive result on drug tests. Unfortunately, it can be hard to know if you will be tested as testing is on the rise and many employers choose not to reveal they use tests until after an interview. ~ ADHD Meds and Job Drug Tests†
List Of Drugs Classes That A Urine Test Detects?
- Amp—Amphetamines (speed, amph, whizz)
- Bar—Barbituates (depressants, barbs)
- Bup—Buprenorphene (subutex)
- BZO—Benzodiazepines (bennies, benzo’s, roofies)
- COC—Cocaine (coke, crack, charlie)
- COT—Cotinine (nicotine)
- EDDP—Methadone Metabolite
- MDMA—Methlenedioxymethamphetamines (ecstasy, E, XTC, pill, doves)
- MET/mAMP—Methamphetamines (ice, glass, meth)
- MOP/MOR—Morphine (opiates)
- MTD—Methadone (dolly, red rock)
- OPI—Opiates (heroin, smack, gear)
- THC—Cannibis (marijuana, pot, hooch, weed, hash, ganja)
- KET—Ketamine (Special K)
- ~Drugs Detected in Urine By Drug Tests in Bulk‡
Addiction Recovery: If you or a loved one needs help now see Common Hotline Phone Numbers ‡
National Institute on Drug Abuse Hotline
National Help Line for Substance Abuse
Mental Health Humor Blogger
†Emerson-Pelletier, A. (2016). ADHD Meds and Job Drug Tests. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 25, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/parent-child-adhd/2016/12/adhd-meds-and-job-drug-tests/
‡Lisa H., A. (Jan 30, 2017). Urine Tests |Drugs Detected in Urine. Drug Tests in Bulk. Retrieved on February 25, 2017, from https://drugtestsinbulk.com/blog/drugs-detected-in-urine/
‡Psych Central. (2017). Common Hotline Phone Numbers. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 24, 2017, from https://psychcentral.com/lib/common-hotline-phone-numbers/