Tell-Tale Sign 0ne: Your 3 meals a day consist of caffeine, alcohol, and/or smoking with food as a snack.
Tell-Tale Sign Two: Sleep is something you daydream about, as if it’s some elusive creature hiding from you, taunting you, tormenting you. Rrrrrrr – I WANT to SLEEP!!!!
Tell-Tale Sign Three: Poor concentration – are you listening to me, I said poor, that is weak, not strong concentration, are you following me?…Hey, you, I’m talking to you. Do you understand what I’m saying…Um, okay, no, no put that pan down there is no need for the 4th Tell-Tale Sign right now. No need for “increased irritability” or even violence!
Tell-Tale Sign Five NO joke –
Seek real HELP if:
- You feel the stress overwhelming you everyday.
- You Have lost joy in life and or have thoughts of self-harm or if you are suicidal call 911.
- Your relationship stress may lead to violence/physical or sexual.
- You are noticing or others notice your anger or irritability and it scares them.
- You are drinking/self-medicating, hoping to handle the stress, has increased
- Things you found joy in have lost meaning, including intimate relationship, friends/family; along with hobbies.
- If self-loathing and lack of worth is preoccupying your thoughts.
There are Real Tell-Tale Signs, so we can start recognizing we Need Some Stress Management. What we do next is up to us.
The Basics of Stress: