Jill: [YELLING] Jack!
Caption: The trauma of falling pushed Jack to the limit with Jill – by Chato Stewart
Poor Jack, for years Jill has been hazing him. Pushing him down the hill over and over again until that trauma pushed him too far and he finally snapped! Well, that is how I always envisioned “Jack and Jill,” the classic nursery rhyme’s, ending.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been so busy doing everything it feels like I’ve done nothing! I do believe that the trauma of living with bipolar, depression, anxiety and a few other things is getting to me, and creating an unbalanced view of life. Yes, living, surviving, and working towards recovery with a “mental illness” is a traumatic experience. Not only do we suffer repeated trauma, but most of the time there is a silent struggling trauma in our minds. It’s only when there is an over-flow into others’ reality does it get noticed.
What are a few steps we can take so that we don’t follow Jack’s action? Here are 5 tips that may help you deal with the trauma of brain disorders.
- SLEEP – Get plenty of it! Think of it as recharging your body’s emotional batteries.
- DON’T Self-Medicate – booz’en it up, taking up some GANJA, WACKY TOBACCKY Marijuana or WASH’en BLOW is NOT going to help you achieve a balanced state of mind!
- Take a Walk! Exercise regularly which will reduce stress, anxiety and depression and boost self-esteem! Just 30 minutes is all it takes.
- STOP eating JUNK/FAST FOOD! Try it for 1 week, eliminate it and replace it with a well-balanced meal high in omega-3. (examples: salmon, walnuts, soybeans)
- DON”T WIG_OUT! Reduce stress with breathing exercises or music or whatever helps you relax as long as it does not conflict with tip number 2.
These are just a few tips, added to my list. What helps you…so, you don’t SNAP?
—————-View previous Newsletters. – Check out who made the list of top 10….I’m number 4! Please vote for my Fan Art I drew for an Art contest: http://id.fc2.com/facebook_contest/index.php?page=vote02&entry=107
Originally Posted on https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor YOU need permission use ©2011
Mental Health Humor Cartoons
Mike, Shira, SoPhal & Cathy Would soon have no regrets or memory!