BUSTED – Her Appetite for Prescription Fraud is OVER!
Lucy: What do you mean you can’t fill my prescription any more??? I’ve been writing these for years….
Title: It was the blue crayon the finally put the end to Lucy’s prescription fraud.
BUSTED – Formally from the Charlie Brown peanuts gang, Lucy’s appetite for prescription fraud is OVER! Lucy was always dealing out advice without any training and writing prescription for anyone for the right amount of nickles. Here is a list of 6 things to look for in a fraudulent prescription.
Characteristics of Forged Prescriptions
- Prescription looks “too good”; the prescriber’s handwriting is too legible; (Chato says: If they can read it, it’s most likely a new doctor or forged! )
- Quantities, directions or dosages differ from usual medical usage; (Chato says: A prescription for 50,000 Alprazolam [xanax] might be fraud… it depends on the level of your anxiety)
- Prescription does not comply with the acceptable standard abbreviations or appear to be textbook presentations; (Chato says: If your script says ’50 blue and gray pills and a bunch of the green pills’ it might not get filled, unless your in California.)
- Prescription appears to be photocopied; (Chato says: Yes, if you ask your pharmacist to use their copier then make 50 photocopies of Ambien (Zolpidem) perscription, chances are you’ll only get half of them filled.
- Directions written in full with no abbreviations; (Chato says: No pharmacist wants to read your history… ‘Please give John one hundred and fifteen Seroquel tablets also known as Quetiapine to help his crazy’s go away’ also might not get the script filled.)
- Prescription written in different color inks or written in different handwriting. (Chato says: You might like rainbows but your prescriptions should not look like one… Oh, and yes if you write them in blue crayon then your prescription is a fraud!
I hope my tips helped you to realize that tampering with any prescription is fraud. It’s generally known as “illegally gaining prescription” drugs to sell or for personal use. Prescription drug fraud is considered a felony punishable up to 5 years in prison along with hefty fines. Any medical professionals convicted can lose their license. So don’t do it Lucy!
Mental Health Humor Cartoons
Do you need help with paranoia? Make a FREE Trust List sheet PDF file: FREE – The Trust List.
Would you like a FREE copy of my 2010 Mental Health Humor e-book? Sign up and confirm your e-mail address for my newsletter! Once you do that, you will be sent the link with the password to download your free copy of my first cartoon e-book. Once a month, I’ll send you a simple little newsletter. Keeping you updated; along with a few special features about recovery while trying to add a little humor to your day!
Stewart, C. (2011). BUSTED – Her Appetite for Prescription Fraud is OVER!. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 22, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/humor/2011/07/busted-her-appetite-for-prescription-fraud-is-over/