21 thoughts on “Best Quotes For Anxious, Highly Sensitive & Creative People

• September 2, 2015 at 12:37 pm

This is all very nice (“lovely” as we say here in the South) – but, I have found when I’ve been in the throes of something whether it’s panic,depression, suicidal thoughts, or whatever, the very last thing that I needed was yet another “quote” from someone ‘out there.’ The thing that has helped me more than anything else I’ve done or tried doing is developing a close relationship with God. (Having a truly kind and compassionate person show up in my life as a co-worker turned friend definitely helped, too. But that was what propelled me into the relationship with God.) Maybe all of the inspirational quotes help others – I hope so – but they’ve not helped me. Thanks for sharing.

• September 2, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Thanks for your comment. It’s very true what you say about faith and knowing God. That has helped people with many problems all over the world. I would add prayer to the list.

• September 3, 2015 at 4:10 pm

You say the last thing you need when down is a list of quotations.
      Fair enough.
      But having a soothing, short mantra you can repeat when trying desperately to CONTROL how you feel is very powerful.
      There are two great ones in this article:

“My desire to solve the problem IS the problem.” and
      “Don’t try to steer the river.”

I’ve got them by heart already!

• September 16, 2015 at 8:38 pm

You’re right about the quote thing. There are so many things that can be said or done. However you can talk about it. Read about it. Or do something about it. Get on your knees and pray. My life isn’t worth a dime, but to God it’s priceless.

• September 3, 2015 at 7:36 am

Bookmarked. Thank you.

• September 4, 2015 at 3:03 am

So on point! What a nice compilation here; thank you for sharing! I can definately see utilizing these quotes as a source of therapeutic conversation eithier in homework form or group format.

• September 4, 2015 at 3:45 am

I’ve given these quotes to my own clients. From time to time we talk about them and how they relate to our lives. Food for thought, and a reminder to keep everything in perspective.

• September 6, 2015 at 9:10 am

This is a helpful list of wonderful quotes; thank you for sharing it. My mother had a small newspaper clipping of the quote “Worry is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere” taped to our refrigerator when I was growing up, and it has been my mantra during hard times. I believe it was a clipping from Ann Landers or Reader’s Digest. My mom loved the quotes they featured, and I have fond memories of her reading quotes, jokes or little snippets of articles or columns to us!

As an aside, because Jodi Picoult and I are the same age, I don’t think the rocking chair quote originated with her. Still great to see it on your list! Thanks again.

• September 6, 2015 at 10:29 am

Readers Digest has been a great source of quotes. The rocking chair metaphor gives you a vivid picture, and yes, it stays with you. I’m glad you appreciate the value in these sayings. And thanks for reading Hollywood Therapy.

• October 22, 2015 at 8:19 am

hmmm great now next time i’m in the throes of anxiety and suicidal depression i’ll read some la de da oprahish quotes and I’ll be fine!

• October 22, 2015 at 11:07 am

You could do that but the idea is to read them and see what’s going on with the quotes on mind..?

• October 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm

These are EXCELLENT. Yes, they are short and don’t take the place of a therapist, but they contain nuggets of wisdom. I am letting them seep down into my consciousness, and they are helping me. Thank you for posting them!

• October 22, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Yes, they contain nuggets of…. Thank you, Ranie. There are a few in there I’ve committed to memory. As a writer, and as someone who spends endless hours alone, playing around with ideas in my head, I completely relate.

• November 2, 2015 at 10:12 pm

There are real conditions where people overproduce hormones or underproduce hormones. It is not always something that a person can control with will power. Many times there is an underlying condition.

• November 3, 2015 at 5:27 am

You make a good point. Reading or remembering these quotes is not a cure. However insights about surviving the world as a highly sensitive person can help someone prevent a meltdown. I have blogs here on Hollywood Therapy about what you can do to create an environment that’s doesn’t overwhelm you.

• November 4, 2015 at 5:04 am

These quotes made me smile in the midst of my anxiety. Need I say more?:-)

• November 5, 2015 at 6:57 am

Try understanding the most difficult quote with all your might. Even if it takes you till 100 to do so. Then You will have lived to 100! Mine is: “To love yourself may be the hardest thing one can do; but possibly the greatest reward.”

• April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am

I like this one “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
    William James

• April 30, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I like that one too. There are a lot of time when we can choose what to think. What we think influences how we feel.

These quotes remind me that we can choose to think our way out of a bad mood.

• May 6, 2016 at 10:00 pm

No win situation…need to be 24/7/365 ,caregiver for md child…and also need to work…I heard crickets, or got bashed for not doing the impossible. Trite phrases are for when ignorance is prefferred, because it sucks to be in need yet percieved as capable of miracles absent real caring people, who say they tried to help you. Um, help is an action, not a feel good quote, in some cases.