8 thoughts on “Build a Stress-Resilient Brain: Findings and Strategies

• June 19, 2015 at 4:06 am

Good article. What is the fourth strategy?

• June 19, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Great question – I thought the blog was getting too long – Many to add to the list. For Example Positive Feelings – shown to broaden and build Research cited from Barbara Fredickson’s work – Thanks and good catch – Suzanne

• June 19, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Great article and very insightful. One observation though, resiliency is one of those made up words that finally made its way into one or two dictionaries. You have ‘resilience’ therefore you are ‘resilient’. End of story. There’s no need to ‘y’ the word. – just saying

• June 22, 2015 at 2:56 pm

This could be most helpful for me at this point in my life. I suffered a traumatic loss 2 years ago and have struggled with it, and the ensuing alcohol abuse, since then. Using the Sinclair Method, I am overcoming the alcohol abuse, but I still need to move forward and ensure that I can handle what is coming in the last 20 or 30 years of life. (I’m 57.)

Interesting that 2 things I did after the trauma was to stop exercising, even though I had been a fitness buff all my adult life. And I isolated myself from others. Exactly the opposite of what I should have done. Now I know better and I hope to build resilience for the future using these ideas. Gracias!

• June 23, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Michael: Thanks for your comment. Realizing at this time what you actually could do to move on in the aftermath of trauma in certainly a sign of resilience – It is that pause that allows a new pathway. The fact that you were a fitness buff all your adult life is to your great advantage you have muscle memory and more. – Join with others and go forward with the best wishes – Suzanne

• June 24, 2015 at 1:24 pm

My diagnosis was switched from Parkinson’s to Parkinson’s plus. My daughter tell me I’m focusing to much on problem than on miracle Christ could bring me. How can I not focus on a fear of daily movement after falling and breaking 4 ribs its a daily dangerous action

• June 25, 2015 at 6:04 am

JC. From left field, I might suggest, first of all, to not blame yourself for having this fear of falling. It’s only natural, and in fact it can be helpful. I would try to use this fear to become very sensitive to your body as you move. fwiw …