6 thoughts on “Men and Women Drivers: The Gender Divide

• January 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Gee, I’m 42 years old and female. I’ve been driving since I was 10. I have had 3 accidents in my life – all 3 were male drivers and all 3 were at fault. Wow, I just don’t know how I do it without a penis?

• January 4, 2013 at 11:46 am

Dear, same experience. I was just more lucky – 2 accidents only. But, same way: aggressively-driving men who assumed all the world being like themselves.

• February 4, 2012 at 5:08 am

I’m a 39 year old male and i drive very well in a manual or automatic and i learned how to drive in a Nissan Patrol gasoline 4.2 litre strait six and i got behind the weel on the beach and it was manual and i could drive it for the first time like i was driving for years and i watched how to use the clutch by watching my brother and my perrents driving it came as second nature to me and i find a diesel 2.5 litre or larger engine to drive and all my manual 4wd’s were diesel except on with a 3.4 litre v6 Toyota Prado was a lot harder to drive then the 4 cylinder turbo diesel with a slower revving engine and the hardest car to drive was a 1.2 litre 4 cylinder gasoline motor and it felt like i was driving a 2 stroke and i nearly blew up the motor by over revving it and it revved up very quickly to 6000 rpm and I’m used to driving a 4wd that redlined at 4200 rpm in a diesel and 4800 rpm in a gasoline v6. When I’m a passenger i proffer woman drivers exspeshley in buses and i find woman make better bus drivers in the local public transport buses and i have seen woman train drivers in the local public transport trains here in Australia

• July 25, 2015 at 8:35 am

Most women are the worst drivers of all due to tailgating.

• September 19, 2018 at 6:49 am

The author iss of course………..a woman.
    Statistics can be influenced into whatever you see fit.
    I drive for a living and the most dangerous situation or the most idiotics drivers I have encountered are by an extremely large margin women…

• January 15, 2020 at 11:57 pm

I could always guess by the driving style what gender and age is usually behind the wheel, though I have had a few surprises. The passing weavers are almost always young males, and of course, the model of the car gives away a lot (younger=cheaper model, older=expensive high performance). People who won’t let you merge when you are actually ahead a half car are mixed, while the tailgaters are male. Though the only road rage incident was a woman (I was taking a left highway exit, so I couldn’t move over and refused to go over speed limit). I can never understand why someone is so bent on getting there a half-second sooner. I do enjoy passing them when they are stuck in the turning lane. Unfortunately, they really don’t notice.