I was recently in a shop with a friend when a young man in his late twenties came in to get his hair cut. Friendly and likeable he was amusing the hairdresser with some stories of his birthday....
It is difficult to look too closely at what baffles and terrifies us—increasing teen suicide is one of those realities.
- Suicide is now the second leading cause of death in the U.S.
- “I love you but I don’t love that large Disney Sweatshirt.”
- “When did marriage mean you would stop shaving on the weekends?”
- “Everything you tried on looks great– why can’t you wear any of them?”
- “I think they said casual not throw-away.”
For most people,...