13 thoughts on “5 Life Skills I Learned From My Kittens

• December 11, 2019 at 6:13 am

Thank you so much for this article ! I really enjoy read it ! Your blog always help me ! To learn more on this, I followed a course that help me to break withhorror allienation about parents so bad ā€‹ : ā€‹
    thanks a lot and see you soos for others

• December 11, 2019 at 6:52 am

I am overjoyed that you have had the wonderful growth experience by bringing Jeeves and Wooster into your life. Through circumstance almost beyond my control, I am surrounded by seven lovelies each and every day. Each one has their role in making the day complete. Each day they all bring smiles and joy, laughter and much conversation. As you mentioned the ability to explore to their limits, I wonder why we do not all learn from their exercise routines, their ability to stretch and take care of their bodies. Yes, each one has their own voice, their own ” me too”. I am never alone – one should never be alone. Bring a pair of lovely four paws into your world and see how windows to a new world open up and how one appreciates the finer things of life even if it is pate from a tin.

The older one is nearing 16 years now. He is as active as his younger housemates. He is as fastidious with his grooming of himself and the others. He may have been a feral cat in his earlier life but he definitely knows how to capture your heart when he brings you a stuffy to your feet. He used to catch small snakes and lizards in his less urban life bringing them to the door. The kittens as I refer to them are seven years old with mom and dad having been young parents. That brings to mind if anyone is considering feline ownership do have them neutered or spayed at the appropriate age. Estrus can take place much earlier than expected. Enjoy the journey a pair of kittens can bring or a pair of feral cats.. The regular cleaning of the litter box is a small price to pay for the over abundance of joy and peace that “four paws” can bring to our lives.

• December 11, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Cat-zactly! Cats are wise enough to be cats, dogs (hygiene aside) are wise enough to be dogs and we are wise enough to take them into our lives and relearn how to make the best of every moment.

And, really, who cannot appreciate the bliss of a good nap.

• December 11, 2019 at 4:23 pm

Lost my katie after having 17 yrs with her. My heart was so broken. I couldn’t let go of my cat my world. I had her cremated and she sits on my dresser. We shared many things in 17 yrs. There will never be another katie and i know ill see her in heaven one day. My sweet baby girl.

• December 13, 2019 at 5:27 pm

I say honor your kitty and adopt another cat, even an older one, especially an older one!

• December 11, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Today Theodore and Theo both Maine Coons are on their Second journey to Austin Texas to be adopted finally after 9 months they were both born with 4 other buddies and their momma was sick and dying when I found her by a dumpster at a Hari Krishna Temple near by…so momma recovered and was pregnant and had all six on my birthday in front of me then the 6 times she hid then and refused to feed them well I became the father to get her to feed them ….Dallas Texas can be hard on cats and dogs so I raised them and realized they need a home so the yellow tails were adopted last year and Theo and Theodore both twins are now heading to a better home today with the thanks of Dorry and Patrick who have made this trip by car to Austin possible….its a great story since two are left Blackie and Frankie who are next to find a good home..

• December 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Where’s s picture of your kitties?

• December 11, 2019 at 8:27 pm

This is adorable. Thank you for sharing some cute goodness! I agree, heavy articles all the time can weigh you down. Kittens are the perfect antidote!

• December 12, 2019 at 11:33 am

You have to take credit too, the lovely kittens are only able to be so safe and secure because you have given them a safe home and treated them well.
    Feral cats are cautious and would never fall asleep wherever and eat without a care in the world. That would be entirely too dangerous to them, for they are both prey and predator in the wild.
    You did awesome, you gave them a great home. And in return, they have modelled good behaviour for us all.

Especially the sleep bit is too true. Sleep is one of the most important things in life for good health, along with staying playful.

• December 12, 2019 at 10:30 pm

I should learn from cats, to make me happier.

• December 13, 2019 at 4:27 pm

That was so enjoyable. Our Mintu is the only one left of a set of three his mother brought to the world. Now at about one and a half years, Mintu is a bumdle of joy in our family. His favourite food is fish and only fish. Even after a full meal of chicken meat, he still craves for a tiny piece of fish, else we are in trouble.

• December 27, 2019 at 9:40 am

Wonderful. You are wise to learn these things from your kits. And I love their names! (Though I probably would have gone with Jeeves and Bertie, myself.) May that be a reference that never dies out completely from our culture!