7 thoughts on “When Good Therapists are Played by Bad Patients (Parental Alienation)

• October 10, 2019 at 2:10 am

We cannot make excuses for incompetence. If the therapists could not recognize a “cross-generational parent-child coalition” and emotional cut-off, they were unqualified to give family therapy. If they don’t understand attachment systems and personality disorders, they were unqualified. You don’t go to a proctologist when you need brain surgery.

• October 10, 2019 at 5:50 am

Nice article and I can very much relate to this. My children have been through “therapeutic support” on both sides of the Atlantic and while US psychologists immediatly detected the mother’s fantacies and attempts to manipulate the children, the English did not. So my experience is that family therapists in the England & Wales tend not be alert to the abusive behavior that is Parental Alienation. It may possibly be a consequence of the common disbelief by Courts that such behaviour exists at all. It would be fascinating to know what changed in your case. How was the cycle broken?

• October 10, 2019 at 9:44 am

So many of these stories. I’m so sorry it’s happened to your family. Mine as well, and many, many others. I’d love to hear about how it turned around and what’s happening to help the children recover. Thanks for this post!

• October 10, 2019 at 1:24 pm

Wow just had one do a assesment and lied on her report to fit m narrative..So sad..😢

• October 10, 2019 at 8:24 pm

I don’t believe that a “good therapist” would seek out only one side of the story. A better title to this story would be “When Bad Therapists Sell Themselves to Bad Patients”.

• October 11, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Karo’s comment above is spot on. Why would a therapist assume so much? I am a mother and my ex has taken me to court for full custody of my 17 year old. Thankfully, he didn’t win due to my evidence. I won the right for my daughter to GO to counceling. I pray that my daughter’s couselor sees’s both sides.

• October 21, 2019 at 3:33 am

Mothers like her should be hung. Fathers like myself are going through this. And as an alienated father i can tell you that this type of damage is non repairable. Thank the judges or shall i call them by who they truely are the pussies who you call judges. The pussies dont have the balls to do their job.