6 thoughts on “The Law of Attraction as it Applies to Depression and Anxiety

• February 4, 2017 at 12:10 am

Oh my. The secret is just confirmation bias in action. I would expect more from a Ph.D. Contributing to psych central. Facepalm.

• February 5, 2017 at 6:37 am

I have never been depressed while on vacation in Thailand, so I’m going to treat my depression by moving there. Wish me luck!

• June 11, 2017 at 2:38 pm

I have to agree with Gcat. I’m not sure what your PhD is in, but not all depressed people sit around thinking about their depression. I don’t have a lot of thoughts like those you list. I simply AM depressed: chronic low mood (with bouts of happiness when something fun is going on, and also bouts of more severe situational depression), blah mood, lack of motivation, low energy, etc. I have dysthymia, which is a chronic 24/7/365 condition. I’ve had it for decades. Antidepressants take me from “Ugh” to “meh,” which is an improvement, but not what I’d call happiness.

I have yet to read anything about the LoA that addresses this constant depressed state. Everything I read recommends you continue thinking positive thoughts, and know that in time your depression will lift. Dysthymia won’t. It’s not situational. I had hoped for slightly better advice from what I assumed was a mental health professional who knows that not all depression will go away “with time.” I really wish people wouldn’t group all types of depression together when they address the subject. That’s just… depressing.

• April 28, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Hello PH.D you are EXACTLY RIGHT!!! Anyone who says otherwise is totally engulfed in deception and depression. Thoughts BECOME THINGS. These people are NOT replacing those thoughts. Keep doing what you’re doing. YOU’RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT

• June 14, 2018 at 10:25 am

Seriously? Tell it to someone with BPD.

• June 18, 2018 at 9:12 am

I thought I had made it clear that this article did not pertain to biological forms of depression. Those statements are in the 12th paragraph.

The discussion section is closed to new comments for this blog.