27 thoughts on “Narcissist’s 7 Weaknesses Reveal

• June 2, 2018 at 5:07 pm

A person in a relationship should NOT try to change a narcissist! If they can be changed leave it to a professional because you WILL get hurt. Run, don’t walk, from these monsters. I’m appalled you would even give hope to anyone in this way. Are you familiar with Narcissist Abuse? No one gets out without damage to their identity, integrity, and dignity intact.

• June 4, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Yea i agree it’s one thing just to know the weeknesses. And an other to try to empliment any thing suggested here. Not worth it . they are not going to change infact( have first hand account of this ) you are going to make them go deeper into narcissism, if you care about them do the best you can to get them in to the Right therapist as soon as possible. Don’t waste a decade trying to do it your ammeture self
      Like i did . an be prepared to wait a decade fo substantial results .

• June 5, 2018 at 7:13 am

I really appreciate your comment. It is nice hearing from people whom have actually been involved with a narcissist. Bottom line, if you are going to help them by hi-lighting their weaknesses, you need to be strong in mind, body and soul. Obtaining the help from a professional is always the number one best choice.

If you follow what I said from the blog, it could be possible.

“This dismantling of the aura is dangerous. It takes someone with an extremely strong mind, body and spirit; also a calculating person who knows the narcissist like the back of their hands; and one who knows the narcissist’s inner circle of influence so they can be torn down. This weakness is nearly impossible to break. The calculating person doing the deed must have a way to manipulate the narcissist’s buddies just to penetrate that aura. If not, it is rare to go forward and be successful.”

• June 5, 2018 at 6:48 am

I appreciate your concern. However, I was very clear in this blog post that it takes a strong person to do this. Whether that is a professional, a best friend, a parent, a coach or a teacher. Please see the following excerpt from the blog.

The following taken from Weakness #1:

• July 16, 2018 at 11:25 pm

I wasted seven years the best years of my life to trying to improve myself because I wasn’t going to not pretty enough to be me because of him don’t waste your time run away and it’s impossible to change them what you can change you can run and start new life. I wasted seven years the best years of my life to trying to improve myself because I wasn’t good enough pretty enough to be me because of him don’t waste your time run away it’s impossible to change them what you can change you can run and start new life Kinga

• July 17, 2018 at 7:08 am

Kinga,

Thanks for your advice spoken through the eyes of experience. We should all heed her warning.

Regards,
      Amy

• October 31, 2018 at 10:33 am

You shouldn’t try to change a NARC just get as far away as possible.

• December 28, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Hello Ashley,

Those are great words of wisdom when dealing with a “NARC”. If you look back at the original article you will see where I underscored needing to have an extremely strong inner person. Also, in the end, you would probably agree the best help for a “NARC” is to see a professional.

Thanks,
      Amy

• December 21, 2018 at 12:08 pm

I think I’m a narcissist but I don’t want to be. How do I fix it?

• December 28, 2018 at 6:40 pm

Hello Fran,

I am sorry you feel like a narcissist. I think everybody has that feeling from time to time. I would suggest for you to talk with your primary care doctor (the one you see for physicals and the flu). He or she knows you and your history. They can direct you in the right direction.

Warm Wishes,
      Amy

• January 11, 2019 at 9:02 am

Well I worked for the classic narcissist once and because I am a maori woman working in remote aboriginal communities and so was she … I opted for the run version .. but one week before I left I sent her an email which challenged all her narcissist behaviours and some and I was able to marry them to non acceptable cultural beliefs of ours as Maori … I wrote them all out and included examples as well as actual events dates and times … and sent them to her … allowing her just one week to respond if she wanted to. She opted to send me a feeble email stating she felt sorry for me coz I spent so much time writing that and she will go through it properly at a later date , when she has time …. I was ok with that and replied stating my letter does not require a response and that she owes it to herself to do some self reflection, infact I titled it Self Reflection Letter …
    3 months later … she left the job because she was being caught out by senior management so I returned to my old job … in that time instead of moving forward she had used that time to try to discredit me and bad mouth me and even went so far as packing a huge tantrum to the CE on her last day about the rumour she had heard that I was coming back … worse than that is she is now in MY old work place as the CE there and still focusing on squashing me out … I’m just a #mall pleb on the ground but she is still trying to this very day to discredit, hurt, shame n blame me to anyone who will listen … thankfully no body does any more lol 😂 your analysis is bang on the button Amy …

• January 30, 2019 at 10:12 am

That sounds horrible! I can’t imagine going through all that. Is there someone in HR that can help you at your job?

Thank you for reading my blog post. Please come back and visit. You can also visit me at http://www.https//lifeconquering.org.

Amy

• January 24, 2019 at 7:32 pm

never knew these types existed till I met one head on from a dating site. I was nuts about this woman even in the beginging thought it was to good to be true she was a knock out. things were not adding up. she only came over on Sat to ride on the harley. never invited me to her place. always an excuse. but always called and texted. things went on like this for months, no intimacy yet. kept telling me friends first and always some krap. more stuff was not adding up but she had her hooks in me big time. always wanted to be in a group so everyone could see her. ended up doing a back ground check. lied to me about her age, name, and was living with her old worn out sugar daddy who spent a fortune on cars, face lifts and botox. at first she denied it until and let her have it with both barrels and was going to send all the pics I took of her up to her sugar daddy’s place of business. then the crying and begging started. still have not got this out of my system all together. it was like being in a soap opera with the biggest liar on the planet. what a piece of garbage, and this guy she lies with has to be a complete idiot not to know where she disappears to for 10 hours on Saturdays. Lesson learned. Hope I never, ever meet another on of these. They can manipulate you into anything.

• January 30, 2019 at 9:53 am

Hi!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you for having this experience. I pray you will stay strong during the time you need to move on. I would encourage you to keep a list (on your cell phone) of all the things that she did that reminded you of a narcissist. That way when she comes back around, you will not fall prey as easily or not at all to her ways. God bless and keep in touch.

Amy

• January 24, 2019 at 7:33 pm

• February 3, 2019 at 12:04 pm

I’m a bit confused by your article. Are these weaknesses which show us that someone is a narcissist? Are they guidelines showing us how to ‘strike back’ at narcissists? Or just things to bear in mind when we deal with narcissists? If they are guidelines, I think the instructions should be much clearer as I am not sure of the steps we are supposed to take.
    Thanks.

• February 6, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Based on my research, experiences and own views, this is just a list of 7 characteristics you may find in someone with narcissistic tendencies. Employ your own thoughts and beliefs on the matter.

• February 7, 2019 at 4:20 am

Ah right! Thanks for sharing your observations. I reckon my mum has narcissist traits, I’ll see if these apply to her. I’ve mainly just experienced her weird treatment of me rather than studied her (I keep away from her as much as possible!)

• April 3, 2019 at 6:42 am

Another fear they have is abandonment. Also, fear of law enforcement or legal hassles. I have learned to not react to any narcissistic manipulative behavior and have reestablished my own boundaries and standards and have made the fact known that he can take me or leave me. No other options. This has been working so far and we have finally reached a good place after three long years of verbally abusive environment.

• April 6, 2019 at 9:31 am

That sounds like a wise idea. Thank you for sharing.

• May 21, 2019 at 9:24 pm

I lived with a narcissist for 11 years. I moved out once, came back moved out again. Is all true they fear commitment, abandonment and lack empathy. I think you put up with things you do not like when you are weak. I am stronger, able to see things for what they are. We see each other but I know we are just friends. I know him pretty well and know he is more afraid since he had a massive heart attack after I moved out!
    The fact they might be forgotten, scares him. He is all into buying a plot for when he dies, money is also soo important!
    I did not know it was a personality disorder, but I was codependent at the time! I am good, hopefully it helps somebody else!

• May 31, 2019 at 3:35 pm

I would think was not a big deal to the narc. But I now understand more. By reading. So with all the abuse the narc dolled out, the fear from revenge, does this make them even more paranoid?
    I’m just curious.

• June 1, 2019 at 11:52 am

Are you saying the fear of revenge on the narcissist will increase his/her paranoia? I would think so in some regard.

• June 27, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Gratitude? In my experience, a Narc will often attack you shortly after you help him/her. Although they may need you to help them out of a jam, helping them will show that they are not omnipotent- an insult that must be avenged.