10 Strategies to Do Something Nice
Today October 5th is “National Do Something Nice day.” It would be supreme if everyone lived their lives doing something nice, or doing nice things, on a daily basis and without thinking about it. However, that is not the culture that we live in. We live in a culture that is more obsessed with self than others. Nevertheless, today serves as a reminder to us all, as it is easy to get caught up with hectic schedules and fast paced lifestyles, to stop for a moment and do something nice. Here are ten ways to get you started today.
- Drop a quarter into a stranger’s expired parking meter.
- Be the person that makes someone day and buy coffee for the person in line behind you.
- Sign up for Goodsearch and use it for a day instead of Google. Each time you search for a keyword, you raise a penny for charity.
- Register for shopping aids like iGive that give portions of your online shopping back to charity.
- Smile at someone.
- Pick up donuts and coffee for your officemates.
- Send a quick Facebook message to thank someone who has made a difference in your life.
- Clean out your closet and donate the clothes and shoes that are just taking up space to the less fortunate. Goodwill, The Salvation Army and Dress for Success are great organizations.
- Thank mom and dad for everything they’ve done by calling them to say thanks.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
J, D. (2015). 10 Strategies to Do Something Nice. Psych Central. Retrieved on July 20, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/diary-therapist/2015/10/10-strategies-to-do-something-nice/