Comments on
If Terry Bradshaw can do it…

Uber philanthropist Audrey Gruss’ mother suffered from depression and she remembers what it was like growing up with a mentally ill mother. Gruss now lives part-time in a breathtaking oceanfront mansion in Palm Beach.

8 thoughts on “If Terry Bradshaw can do it…

• March 18, 2009 at 11:41 am

I am a Speech Therapist with VBCPS. I need help for my son. His depression started at Virginia Tech during my unexpected divorce. He has depression with severe anxiety/panic attacks. I had to take him out of VT. He has no health insurance and now Alan is 29 years old. I have wanted to contact Terry Bradshaw myself after watching him on TV about his depression. Alan needs help – and I’m reaching out for help! [email protected]
    Sincerely,
    Lynne

• March 18, 2009 at 11:45 am

Please let me know if you have sources to help my son, Alan C Baar with his depression, panic attacks, anxiety, social phobia, etc.

• March 18, 2009 at 12:13 pm

This article is right on. I not have the issue of people not believing the battle I’ve gone through when I come out the other end; most people have trouble believing I’m in the throes of depression when I’m going through it because I’m so adept at going through the motions of daily living I only really collapse in privacy.

• March 29, 2009 at 4:53 am

It is so true that people think that just because you look okay or what they consider “normal” when you are out in public that you really can’t be seriously ill. They don’t realize that the other 95% of my life I am in bed, exhausted, unable to motivate myself to get up and have a shower, or get dressed. I have gotten to the point where I don’t really care what anyone thinks or believes, I know the truth and that is all that matters. It is empowering to get to the point where your own well being matters more than anything else.

• April 12, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Best article I have read on Depression. I’ve been a fan of Terry Bradshaw since the early 70’s and was taken back some when I read he battles clinical depression. Old saying: Never judge a book by it’s cover. I also have been battling clinical depression for over 30 years. And yes, it is a battle. I was doing fine for many years when my parents became ill. I was their Primary Caretake and POA/Power Of Attorney. On Feb 7th of this year I laid to rest BOTH my mother and father. And sure enough, 2 months later….it hit me like a ton of bricks. Crying for no reason, in bed all day. Lack of interest in everything including my own grandbabies. Thoughts of suicide. You get the picture. Found a place in the state I live for Behavorial Treatments. Changed from one anti-depressent to Paxil CR. It’s only been a bit over a week since I started, so the full effects have not “kicked in” yet. I’m praying they do. I applaude Audrey Guss for all the time and effort she is putting into this terrible illness. And I applaude Terry Bradshaw for being so open and candid about his illness.

• July 14, 2009 at 9:17 am

I can’t believe by taken a form of cocaine & speed that it can handle depression.I was raised that drugs are bad.Drugs are a poison,how does handle
    depression.Is depression caused by a lack of poison.If someone who has been gone 40 years cameback & saw what was going on with drugs the would flip.I can’t believe that everyone id asleep to let this go on.

• July 14, 2009 at 9:20 am

they would flip everyone is asleep

• July 17, 2009 at 12:03 am

Hi. I haven’t had it really. However my son had it and was gone for 7 years. I was thinking all the time he was angry at me. He was angry at himself. It did affect me, and I would cry myself to sleep thinking of him. We went looking for him. He has now been back to the family about 5 yrs. and I am at peace. Thank God. We did a lot of praying, and the prayers of our pastor. I had the fear of passing on before he came back. He is happy now, and remarried.