11 thoughts on “Is self-sufficiency making you depressed?

• March 8, 2016 at 1:37 pm

This rings so true for me Christine, the sun sure comes out more when we slow down enough to have a chat and a laugh and look up from our endless tasks! Thanks for sharing K

• March 10, 2016 at 6:37 am

Great column. I really like the idea of using a ‘third party’ to help get actoss the idea of how allowing oneself to accept help is such a good thing for others too. It makes the segue into asking friends easier to understand- especially because we worry sometimes about ‘burdening’ others.

• April 6, 2016 at 10:53 pm

A very helpful and clear post, thanks.

• April 8, 2017 at 10:45 am

Thank you for this. Recognizing a lot of myself (and my late grandmother)in this story.

• May 16, 2017 at 1:04 am

This is really an amazing blog & very helpful for depressed ones.

• January 5, 2018 at 12:37 am

We came to the doctor for another appointment. After all the regular tests, seeing that the runny nose of the granddaughter does not pass, decided to prescribe an antibiotic. The choice of the doctor fell on drug amoxicillin, prescribed to drink five days, three tablets a day, 0.5 grams. Once upon a time, this- The same antibiotic prescribed for my daughter, when her ears began to hurt, I want to say that this has always been a win-win option. antibiotics online order http://norxtabs.com/tabs-list/buy-antibiotics-online-without-prescription.php

• March 18, 2018 at 4:44 pm

It is very important to be supported by close relatives or children. I have been suffering from depression for 3 years. At first I didn’t understand the problem. Nothing mattered. I changed job, went sport, tried to have a rest, but only treatment by a doctor and taking Venlor helped me.
    I felt the effect in several weeks. Fear, anxiety is a disease and it needs to be treated. It was proved that depression is caused by the disruption of chemical processes in the brain worldwidepharmacyonline.com, and medicamentous therapy is important here. But you need remember about your close people’s support. I understand that it is hard for them, therefore I am very grateful for their understanding.

• May 31, 2018 at 10:20 am

Unfortunately I relate a lot to the idea of depression worsening or stemming from Self-reliance. I have 2 kids, 1 on the way and a boyfriend of 6mths and 2 jobs. All of my time is giving, giving, giving. I work my tush off and care for my family and our home b/c there is no way I could chance my family being w/o. Unfortunately the relationship I had w/ the father of my kids was not healthy. From that I have gained the mindset that the only one I can trust to care for my home and family is myself, that is when all the weight was put on my shoulders. The relationship I have now is great but b/c it is so new I have a hard time reaching out to him to care for my home. This is where I do need the help, the assistance w/ tidiness as I am not home for 52-60hrs a wk b/c I am working. Between work and sleep this leaves me w/ about 55hrs a wk for family time, cooking, cleaning and me time. maybe I should chart this, really get organized and STRICT b/c the issue I have is I do reach out for help but then it becomes an argument b/c instead of doing as asked or coming to an agreement or compromise I get crying and complaints. This in turn stresses me out b/c I have just spent my day working and have 2mths left of this pregnancy so at 5p I am tired and ready for bed when I have been up since 4a. This becomes anger and then every little thing the rest of the night sets me off. How can I reach out for help but Accept when denied the help?

• August 12, 2018 at 1:34 pm

I’m just starting a blog so I posted it, I’ve always been depressed but have dealt pretty good for the last years now its back and suicide thoughts are returning its scary

• August 29, 2018 at 2:13 am

Nice blog Christine, It’s too hard to be without parents and get out of such a pain. You took a good decision to let help others to get out of it. Depression is not a good thing it really kills many people from inside. Thank you for sharing your experience.