Topics to talk about that will make your relationship stronger
As a relationship counselor, I have found that conversation is key to establishing a healthy relationship. Consider that best part of your relationship. More than likely, the memory you are holding is one that highlights communication. In my counseling practice, I utilize time with couples to understand ways to improve connection and address issues through communication.
The strategies that I touch on are the same that I teach in the Relationship Building Course CLICK HERE to explore how it can help your relationship.
Before you begin to read over the conversation topics, make one commitment.
Make it a priority to commit time to this exercise. The important factor to remember is that you are working to create a meaningful experience while showing your significant other that they are valued, needed, wanted, and loved.
- What is your best skill?
- What do you like most about your life?
- What do you like least about the city/town you live in?
- Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- How would your best friend describe you?
- What do you look for in a best friend?
- What are your career goals in life?
- What are your personal goals in life?
- If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you talk about?
- What are the top three websites you visit?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on your phone or smart device?
- What is your morning routine like?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What was your favorite childhood book?
- What is something about you that you don’t share with a lot of people?
- What’s your favorite food on a cold day and why?
- What’s your favorite food on a hot day and why?
- If you had one superpower what would it be?
- My favorite holiday memory is?
- If there could be extra hours in a day, what would you do with it?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- If you had to be stuck in a deserted island, who would you choose to have with you?
- If you had to live without one of your five senses, which would it be and why?
- What would you do all day without internet?
- If you could go back in time, during what period of life would you live in?
- If you were the opposite gender for one day, what would you do that day?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- After a long day, what do you prefer doing?
- If you had to plan your ideal vacation, what would it be like?
- If you had to go backpacking, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you are at the beach and why?
- Do you have a big or small family?
- Who do you most admire in your family and why?
- Who do you most admire dead or alive and why?
- What is the first thing that you notice in someone you are attracted to?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- If you could play any professional sport, what would it be and why?
- If you could play any instrument, what would it be and why?
- If you had to choose one talent to be great at, what would you pick?
- What was your worst restaurant experience?
- What’s your favorite color and why?
- Do you believe that everyone deserves forgiveness?
- Do you ever think about life on Facebook?
- What are your morning rituals?
- Do you like to be on camera?
- Do you think that everyone can be a leader?
- Are there any social rules or laws that you disagree with?
- If your family needed a loaf of bread, would you steal it?
- Do you believe that magic is real?
Did you enjoy the post?
I love supporting couples connect through passion and commitment while taking time to understand how to build their relationship. A relationship that is able to address issues and find direction during the difficult moments. If you would like to explore the relationship building course, I welcome you to read more about it HERE.