6 thoughts on “15 Physical Symptoms of Stress You Shouldn’t Ignore

• July 3, 2019 at 8:39 am

My daughter has moved 4-1/2 hours away from me and this has been very hard on me. Over the past several days, I have experienced every single one of these symptoms. For me, just getting adequate sleep helps. yes, I need to address all the others but one thing at a time. thank you for the article.

• July 3, 2019 at 8:59 am

Kari – This is a big transition for both you and your daughter. Yes, adequate sleep is essential.

• July 3, 2019 at 11:59 am

I knew I was in bad trouble. I have so many things wrong with me it is a wonder I am still alive. I have bipolar with severe bouts of major depression. Anxiety is no longer measurable. It is running rampant and have its way with me. I am on eight different medications for mental and physical ailments, plus a host of vitamin pills.
    I think I may be on the verge of my body and mind totally collapsing.
    Your test caught me eye. The mighty really does have some good stuff and the people are so nice.
    Anyway out of your 15 questions all of my answers are *YES*………
    I don’t even know where to even start working on all this mess. Currently I have Bipolar Depression, Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety. On the physical side I have Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Sleep Apnea, an itchy skin rash and teenage acne. The skin rash follows my nerves in my nervous system and when it flares !###**[email protected]#^^!!!, Fatty Liver but everything is still working ok for now; muscle aches and pains and also so tense they are like rubber bands stretched almost as far as the will go without breaking, Burping like crazy, and farting a lot, and with my muscles all tensed up around all of my internal organs it sort of makes them “hurt”,a “beer” belly even though I do not drink, which I have read is the worst type of fat you could possibly have; and now last but not least I hurt my back down my spine. My back kind of has a hump in my spine and that is where I hurt it bad. Right now I am in the bed on my angled wedge for acid reflux cover with pillows. I cannot stand up for more than just a few minutes or an excruciating pain runs through it and catches me in mid act and straight to the bed I go. I have varying results sitting in all different kinds of things with pillows , pillows and more pillows lining wherever I sit. Sometimes for a few hours sometimes only a few minutes and back to bed. I am seeing a host of different doctors and it burns me up but they say they cannot find a thing wrong with me so it has got to be psychosomatic. Except maybe the back. I had a bone scan yesterday where they inject a radioisotope(small dose of radiation) which if anything is wrong anywhere involving a bone it will congregate their and show something wrong. I had no idea getting old would be like this. For the last 5 years my health has been spiralling down fast. I will be 60 in September and I think my 80 year old father is in better health than I am.
    So,, I need all the help I can get or I don’t think I will be around much longer….
    Thanks,
    Ken

• July 3, 2019 at 12:47 pm

I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with all of these health issues, Ken. You’ve mentioned that you’re seeing a number of doctors. I hope that you’re seeing a psychotherapist regularly, too, to manage your understandable depression and anxiety.

• July 15, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Very good article!! People don’t really know that stress can and does affect the whole body!! My husband is diabetic and I think stress brought it on!! I have COPD and struggle with my stress!! Every minute of the day I’m always thinking how I’m going to relieve my stress. Hope your article enlightens all and helps. Thank you!!

• July 15, 2019 at 1:39 pm

You’re right, Carolyn – managing stress is an important medical intervention and lifestyle on its own!