12 thoughts on “Mood Disorders vs Personality Disorders

• June 18, 2016 at 3:04 pm

I find some of the words this post uses offensive:

I have borderline personality disorder. I am not “fundamentally different from most people.” In fact, my history of trauma and experience of BPD makes me FEEL like I am fundamentally different. I have been working with numerous mental health professionals to correct that false belief. To hear a blog post arguing for exactly the thing my treatment team is trying to help me correct is very disheartening.

• June 18, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I am sorry you feel this way.

• June 20, 2016 at 8:00 pm

It’s alright buddy. This wasn’t the best article I’ve ever read, so don’t take it to heart. Trying to achieve normalcy is a huge project with a personality disorder. Keep rebuilding and you’ll get there eventually.

• June 22, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Thanks for your comment.

• June 20, 2016 at 3:16 pm

This is some great and resourceful information for the layperson, however, maybe integrate or reword differently so as not to appear so repetitive in the future…great topic though and good clearly stating the distinction 😊

• June 22, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Thanks for your input.

• June 21, 2016 at 12:12 am

Thanks for this, very informative and to the point. This clears things up for me as I did not know the difference between the two disorders, knowing I likely suffer from one or the other. Gracious.

• June 22, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Thanks for your comment.

• June 27, 2016 at 9:19 am

Hey it is interesting to read the way you try to separate the two types of disorders. Yes like many people I have a mixed bag of things going on with Depression, DID, and a whole bunch of things that go along with both of them. I am always looking for answers for things that are specific to men. There is a lot of articles and information out there specific to women perhaps because men do not report it as many articles say. If ever there was a area in need it is in the area of information for the male sufferer. I have been in Therapy for 15 years and have made great strides but still try to understand our disorder. There are many times that as a man I feel very alone and I am sure that there are others out there that feel the same way. I would like to know if others are often driven to do the same things I am. That kind of stuff. Ok thanks.

• June 29, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Thanks for your input.

• June 29, 2016 at 6:56 am

Individuals who self harm when depressed does automatically mean they have a personality d/o? And if someone avoids people because of anxiety does that again mesn you har a personality d/0? Or can that just be anxiety from former events? Your srticle was fine but you could have used some specific examples.

• June 29, 2016 at 12:49 pm