6 thoughts on “The Cherry Grove State-of-Mind, Part 2…

• September 6, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I feel more at peace when I travel to Muskoka to my sister-in-law’s cottage. We don’t get to stay long enough – but I try to soak up every positive effect that nature has to offer me when I’m there. The rest of my world stops existing for me when I’m there and I actually get the much needed mental break that I so hunger for.

• September 6, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Sheila,

Timing is everything. How curious. Do you know that I am going to my sister’s Muskoka cottage this weekend and I have never been to Muskoka. Can you believe it? Cannot wait. It will be just the two of us.

By the way, I would like to link to your “Op-Ed” here at Psych Central. Do you have a link to it at The Barrie Examiner? It was back in August, but it must be available. I think it’s wonderfully relevant and if they would publish it “untouched, unedited, uncut,” when it came in as a letter to the editor, I am convinced we should see it here.

So please. Find the link and send it to me. If you have a problem, I’ll call the powers that be at The Barrie Examiner and arrange it myself and I will, of course, credit that paper. Remember, every summer of my life until about five years ago, we spent at our cottage, just about 10 miles south of Barrie. It was our summer home.

Thanks so much for commenting. And still being with me. Loyalty is one of my favourite values. One of the most important to me.

Be well and if not entirely well, be okay enough. One day-minute-second at a time.

Sending hugs,
      xoxox
      s

• September 6, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Muskoka will take your breath away. It is, I believe, National Geographic’s top pick for most beautiful places in the world – I could have that completely wrong – but once you’ve been there you will see that it makes at least the top 3. I’m going up there myself on Friday. Can’t wait. I have accomplished nothing today and feeling quite quilty about it.
    I will try to send that link to you by email.
    Thanks,

• September 6, 2011 at 7:50 pm

We are sharing the same kind of day, Sheila.

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice might have said, I think.

I accomplished nothing today, either. Absolutely nothing. Didn’t even go to the gym.

Had wonderful frozen yoghurt with all kinds of treats on top instead at Menchie’s What fun! I don’t even feel guilty. Though I just came in from a rigorous walk/jog with my doggies. Still, those calories are there. Might go to the gym later. Or might not. (Hee, hee.)

Hey, can you try to give yourself a break, Sheila. We all deserve a day off or what I call a “be good to me day”… We had no power today from 9 until 4 p.m. I couldn’t work and had no car, though I could have walked with my laptop to the Library. But I didn’t want to desert my dogs who are used to listening to CBC radio and would have felt abandoned, say I, looking for a good excuse.

I will do what I can with the link. If I cannot get it up, I may excerpt your piece in a blog post of mine because your message is terrific and some of the stuff is relevant only to Barrie. What do you think?

Where will you be in Muskoka? I’ll be on Lake Muskoka. I have no address. I gather Muskoka is very large. I haven’t looked at a map.

Have a good evening and be good to yourself. Be easy on your self. Empathize with yourself. Be your own best friend. What would you say if you met yourself for a cup of coffee, to be kind and gentle and caring.

Now, if I could only take my own advice.

Hugs,
      s

• September 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm

glad to hear you are having some nice down-time and working on being gentler with yourself. i’m taking some down time myself today…..having a ‘mental health day’ at home. the last month has been a whirlwind and i feel run-down and slightly overwhelmed with it all. so i’m taking today to chill and do nothing! hopefully we can meet up soon.

oh, and our choir concert will be on dec 11 this year – love it if you could make it!!

• September 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I wish I felt this way, right now, Julie.
      Sorry to respond so late. We will definitely attend your choir concert on Dec. 11. We loved it last time and I’ll put it on my calendar.
      Hugs,