7 thoughts on “Kindling Along…

• July 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I own a Kindle and i KNOW how you feel 🙂 I enjoy reading alot!!! Just wrote on my blog about how much reading takes away my stress and listed a couple books that i have enjoyed! I too have some addictions of my own…and i too struggle! Good for you with going to the gym! (that’s one of my struggles) here is a link to my blog in case you are interested in checking out what i have read 🙂 (and there are alot more on my Kindle that i can list for you)http://www.kccandy.blogspot.com/

• July 24, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Thanks, KC..

All my best to you. I wish you well with your addictions. I hope your struggles lead to more self-awareness. Sounds like it.

I just fell asleep reading my Kindle, but now I’m going to walk my dogs. Where did Sunday go?

I really appreciate your sharing your list of e-books and will have a look, later.

Hugs,
    sln

• July 24, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Thanks!! It was great coming across your article! i will be sure to bookmark it so that i can always read your writings 🙂 I’m aspiring to be better at writing so i “stalk” blogs and stuff of that nature 🙂
    Thanks for your kind words, my addictions are not drug related, but i learn from the effects they have on me…it is a journey 🙂 I am about to read my Kindle to help sleep 🙂

Have a wonderful week!

• July 25, 2011 at 12:07 am

Sandy, did I tell you I got a job?? Working with behavioural kids in schools. Now we really MUST do that coffee so I can tell you all about it 🙂

Glad to know you are still alive and ‘kindling away’ 🙂

• July 25, 2011 at 2:41 am

Dearest Julie,

Congrats! Kudos! Bravo! Mazel Tov! On your new job. I had no idea. I’ve been a little out of the loop. Loopy, you might say! 🙂

Sounds like the perfect post for you and just what you wanted. I’m utterly thrilled, so yes, Yes, YES! We must have that cup of coffee.

Are you downtown in Toronto, I hope. I seem to be spending at least one day a week down there visiting Dr. Bob, these days. If you’re anywhere near the University Avenue teaching hospitals, that would be a great deal easier for me, since I use the TTC. Anyway, more news.

I’m back at The Toronto Star‘s Healthzone again, working with my original editor, Brandie Weikle. (She runs TWO websites, there. ParentCentral and Healthzone.) She’s remounted Coming Out Crazy blog on the News and Features page.

That’s because I’m writing features for her at The Star. Not often. Certainly not as often as a blog post, but as quickly as i can write and research them. It’s a lot of work, but one of them is going to be coming up soon. So, keep an eye out and I’ll post about it, here, for sure.

In the meantime, I must go to bed. Wow. It’s almost 3 a.m.

A girl needs her beauty sleep, even if she’s no girl and no beauty.

Hugs,
      xoxo
      s

• July 25, 2011 at 6:35 am

Scandinavia has just observed a minute of silence for the victims.
    Details are gruesome and far too many than I’d like. It’s easy to click on one link, then another, and another.
    Norwegian is similar to swedish, easy to piece together. On Friday swedish television and online media ran news off norwegian television nonstop.

• July 25, 2011 at 10:12 am

Dear, dear Jessica,

Thank you. I am hurting for you. For all of us. I hope the media will begin to focus on the victims and their families and friends, not on the monster who did this. I don’t give a damn about him. We know too much about such monsters and they’re twisted beings. Not human beings. Not worth knowing.

This is a human story of untold suffering and as the pieces fall together and the grieving and healing begins, then the pain will be felt even deeper. Shock will wear away and reality will bite hard. Very hard. Too hard.

My heartfelt thoughts are with you, dear friend. This is a human tragedy and that has no nationality. We are all related here. And oooohhh, the children.

With deep feelings of fondness and love,
    sln