Comments on
Touched Out Syndrome- Touch and Chronic Pain

Sarà il Tempo di Vivere le cose che Hai I am writing this post from the waiting room of yet another doctor’s appointment.  With the car accident I had a few months ago that caused severe whiplash in addition to the fact that I only have a few months of insurance to get everything I may need done checked out,

6 thoughts on “Touched Out Syndrome- Touch and Chronic Pain

• September 7, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I did when I was breast feeding my first daughter. It was like every nerve ending on my skin was almost raw. It was a very uncomfortable feeling.

• September 7, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I totally agree with your article. I just received a six month reprieve from weekly
    appointments. My first response was a sigh of relief, and the happy tears came when
    I got home. Weekly appointments are draining on so many levels, as is having a
    chronic condition.
    The medical professionals have made huge progress, yet, there is so much more that
    needs to be done ( in my opinion). Walk a mile in our shoes!

• September 7, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Generally speaking, it is difficult to put into words how much a simple touch can hurt but, you did it! I have been suffering with chronic pain for twenty years, and I am not yet forty. I have been in a few car accidents. The worst was ten years ago. I was at a stop sign, looking to the left, and rear ended. Five years later, I got pregnant with twins. In the hospital, my husband “joked” that even the guy in the cafeteria had examined me. Since then, I have had some pretty traumatic experiences with doctors who do not seem to take into consideration that I am in their office because I HAVE PAIN! I don’t need any more! I have felt violated almost. I have fibromyalgia, IC/PBS, and arthritis. I don’t hug very many people anymore. I will say, when it comes to ANY type of therapeutic touch, I love it. It keeps the positive energy flowing through my body. It is really the only thing that works.

• September 8, 2013 at 9:03 am

Doing a body scan regularly helps, though – reconnecting to the body without commentary from either medical or sexual questions sort of resets the dial.

There are lots on youtube and other sites. Here’s one I made (about 20 minutes long) https://soundcloud.com/elaine4queen/elaine-guidedmeditation-01 The one I listen to is Vidyamala’s one from Breathworks – costs money though, so try a free one before you buy. I listen most nights. You can do it on your own but it sort of helps to have a voice guiding you.

• September 8, 2013 at 11:28 am

The worst exam for me was at the Urologist. I felt like he was extra rough, but apparently he needed to “check my reflexes”. My guess is that almost anyone who gets a gloved finger quickly shoved where the sun doesn’t shine, is going to jump! It was a VERY long time until I was able to be intimate with my husband after that. That is where the word violated came from. I know it is not the same thing as being sexually assaulted, but it can be very traumatic.

• February 13, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Thank you: As a RMT the article is a great reminder of WHY I do practise, and because even though feedback is often given by clients; it can be difficult to work around, and I am glad I have Healing Pathways energy treatments and other options to offer. this truthful explanation is more timely than anything, even after all this time. Thanks again.