8 thoughts on “More Than Just a Dream: The Science Behind Nightmares

• September 19, 2018 at 6:39 am

Very helpful, I will definitely offer this site to my patients seeking more information than can be covered in brief office visits.

• September 19, 2018 at 9:41 am

Thank you Anne, so glad you found it helpful!

• September 19, 2018 at 9:20 am

Good morning , Kaitlin Vogel, That is a brilliant essay, and resonates with me; not often, but I have had occasional nightmares, such as being
    stuck in a snow drift and I struggled to get out, but I awoke and so relieved to be in my bed. I’ve studied clinical psychology for many years, the works of Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Karen Horney, M. Scott, and the best , I think, was Viktor Frankl his Logo Therapy. is way beyond the others. Cordially, Bob Foy

• September 19, 2018 at 9:43 am

Thanks Bob! Yes, nightmares can be complex, which makes them interesting to study from a psychological perspective 🙂

• September 23, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Well written, intesesting and informative. Thanks

• September 23, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Thank you Clara!

• October 1, 2018 at 9:28 am

This was very interesting and something I have been attempting to find out more about.
    We recently had one of our clients who had a bad dream/nightmare and the staff woke her up. I have been trying to see if this the correct way of handling bad dreams/nightmares. I did find 1 article that said to only intervene when and if someone is trashing so intensely that it may result in injury.
    Did you find any guidelines for bad dreams/nightmares. Thanks

• March 31, 2020 at 6:32 pm

I am writing an essay on the science behind nightmares and this really helped! Thank you so much! 💖