16 thoughts on “Celebrity Or Not: Resources For Dealing With Stalkers

• January 19, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Nothing like my friends Smith & Wesson to feel secure in one’s home or car. A stalker is a sociopath and their behavior escalates. This is the only real hope for a woman being stalked by someone who is dead serious.

• January 20, 2009 at 1:32 am

Restraining order is a mere scrap of paper, I have a friend on such a thing happened, the she and her husband disputes, where no more than that … If such things happen again, even if the police came too late, and I think the most important thing is to learn to protect themselves, to do some practical things.

• August 14, 2009 at 3:31 pm

I’m being stalked and harassed and lied about on the Internet daily. My truck is full of bird shot and has been keyed and someone broke into my home but didn’t take anything. It’s been over a year and a half and the hate mail, blackmail, death threats, and constant harassment are getting old. I’ve learned there is nothing that can be done because there are so many of them they will just pass the torch onto the next person. I’m not a celebrity, but I’m all over the Internet because of my profession so I’m an easy target. When will this country catch up to the growing problem of nuts on the Internet? What can we do to stop it? I called the domestic violence hotline and was told my problem is too large and maybe I should relocate. I’m at a loss!

• November 17, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Celebrities should surround themselves with good security at any cost.

• November 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm

you people know nothing……about anything!

• January 19, 2010 at 1:29 am

I think that female celebrities have it the worst, there are a lot of weirdos out their who get obsessed and take it to far.

• January 19, 2010 at 9:06 pm

ya some people are very weird and stocker are things to worry about so be very carefully out their.

• June 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm

It’s scary world for celebrities that are being stalked all the time.

• July 4, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Always have security on You 24/7/365 celebrities.

• September 23, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Well when your whole life is in the media you have to expect this to happen.

• December 21, 2010 at 4:14 am

Celebs have to protect themselves! I don’t blame them for being paranoid.

• June 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Everyone have their own protection

• March 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm

It seems not easy to be famous.

• August 14, 2012 at 3:02 pm

As someone who is being falsely accused of stalking, and am therefore in a battle to get my name cleared, I would like to point out that a lot of these people are SUPER paranoid. There have been a few high-profile cases over the years, and some pretty sick individuals who need mental help, but let’s face it: there are a hell of a lot more celebs dying from drug overdoses and cancer than from stalkers, yet somehow it’s completely acceptable for them to overreact to an earnest offer which THEY SOLICITED, followed by accusations and threats from their “friends”, and attempts to destroy your life and basically try to turn you into that which they accuse you of. (This happens when they isolate you, deprive you of your friends, and when you have no friends to tell you when you’re being stupid, you tend to think you’re infallible and then crazy things seem to be okay to you.)

I’m not an actor who can pretend to be terrified on cue. I’m a guy, and guys aren’t allowed to be afraid of anything, so I can’t demonstrate that their stalking of me has had an effect. I can’t have a “mental breakdown”, neither in front of a jury nor in reality. I’m also not some helpless little pretty girl, who is by definition perfect and innocent and honest, I am just a regular guy who is by definition evil. At least, according to stereotypes. And we all know a stereotype has never affected a judge’s decision-making, right? (That’s sarcasm, folks.)

I would hope that someone who claims to detest judgmental people would take five seconds to see the world from my viewpoint. But that would make it impossible to hate me, or to use me as an excuse to act like an idiot. It’s very hard to hate what you know. Witness the “anti-hero”, someone who is evil, yet considered the hero of the story. But I’m no anti-hero either. I’m just a regular guy who was fooled by a fake personality into liking her enough to have the guts to tell her, and instead of a simple “no thanks, I’m not good enough for you” I got beaten up. (Metaphorically, but I don’t doubt they’re looking to find me and make it reality.)

Now that I know what she really is, I want nothing to do with her, but I will not allow my reputation to be destroyed in this manner. I want to leave, but I will not do it on a stalker’s terms. I will not be bullied for being the only one in the room having honor and integrity. And if it has to go to court, and I have to spend every penny making sure the world knows about it, then that’s what it takes.