Last year, Mariah Carey’s appearance on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest went viral for all the wrong reasons. While she claims that there was some sort of technical issue and that her performance for sabotaged, the production team has refuted those statements. Now, apparently, it’s redemption time.

While Carey simply said “sh*t happens,” after the public disaster went down, the show’s team said: “In very rare instances there are of course technical errors that can occur with live television, however, an initial investigation has indicated that dick clark productions had no involvement in the challenges associated with Ms. Carey’s New Year’s Eve performance.”

In January, the show’s host, Ryan Seacrest, told his radio show’s listeners, “It is difficult to perform in Times Square. [Carey] knows what Times Square is about. It’s complicated. Imagine every single TV outlet in the world was there. So, there’s all kinds of technical things going on.”

 

Carey and dick clark productions released a joint statement announcing her return to the lineup this year. It read: “We can all agree that last year didn’t go exactly as planned and we are thrilled to move forward together to provide America with an incredible night of music and celebration on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2018. See you in Times Square!”

This is pretty exciting for a million reasons. Let’s hope everything goes off without a hitch and Carey can start 2018 on a high note (pun definitely intended).

Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2018 kicks off on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Dec. 31.