It’s World Mental Health Day 2013, and this year’s theme is “Mental Health and Older Adults.”
Because our celebrity quotes posts are always popular, I thought I’d give the readers what they want!
Only, this time focus specifically on older celebrities* who have a lot of wisdom to share when it comes to getting older, wiser–and better!
(DISCLAIMER: As always, I research these quotes to the best of my resources; if you find any discrepancies, please feel free to contact me.)
- Helen Mirren: “We’re all idiots when we’re young. We don’t think we are, but we are. So we should be.”
- William Shatner: “I was built for the long run, not for the short dash, I guess.”
- Meryl Streep: “I like who I am now. Other people may not. I’m comfortable. I feel freer now. I don’t want growing older to matter to me.”
- Ringo Starr : “I feel the older I get, the more I’m learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it’s all about finding yourself.”
- Bruce Springsteen: “Adult life is dealing with an enormous amount of questions that don’t have answers.”
- Robert De Niro: “Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.”
- Diane Keaton: “A sense of freedom is something that, happily, comes with age and life experience.
For more fun celebrity quotes, check out these past posts:
- 15 Funny Celebrity Quotes
- 10 Celebrity Quotes On Simplicity, Strength, and Self-Reliance
- 15 Celebrity Quotes for Love, Laughter, and Life
* For purposes of this post, I chose to define “older celebrities” as celebrities over 60 years old. Please don’t attack me if you’re 61 and consider yourself a spring chicken, because I do, too!
This post is part of the Carter Center Mental Health Program for the 3rd annual blog party World Mental Health Day. This year’s theme is “Mental Health and Older Adults,” and I hope I’ve respectfully represented it.