Want to relax and recharge this weekend, but don’t want to spend the money on a mini getaway or a weekend spa?
Earlier this month, Tori Spelling talked about her love of staycations and shared her recipe for a homemade body scrub.
(Honestly, it’s an awesome recipe, and gives me another use for my fledgling herb garden–though you don’t have to have an herb garden to make it work.)
The recipe is part of an ediTORIal blog post, How to Host an At-Home Spa Day, which has a couple of cute ideas (like packaging the body scrub in mason jars and giving them to your friends), but I found several other resources for creating a spa day (or a spa weekend!):
- How to Have a Spa Day at Home: This About.com article gives you a list of ways to prepare for your spa day that you might not have considered, such as planning healthy meals and cleaning your house.
- The At-Home Spa Guide: Whole Living breaks down some of the tools you’ll need for your spa and throws in a few recipes to boot.
- How to Enjoy a Home Spa Day: Simple Homemade gives you some ideas for planning spa treatments.
- 9 Home Spa Makeovers for Body and Soul: Web MD lists home spa recipes, and you’ll have most of the ingredients in your kitchen!
- 13 DIY At-Home Spa Tricks: Finally, Glamour adds some ideas for a spa at home, but what I really like about this list is that SOME of them are simple and practical ideas for spa-like treatment that you can use everyday.
So, give some of these ideas a try if you’re feeling a little worn down and stressed out, then come back and let us know how you used them to create your spa at home!