Twitter Chat: The Fix Tackles Drug Policy in America
The Fix, an excellent (in my opinion) website about addiction and recovery that often tackles celebrity substance abuse issues is teaming up with the national nonprofit addiction treatment organization Phoenix House later this afternoon to talk about something that’s been on all our mind’s since Colorado and Washington pretty much told the world, “Yeah, we do what we want” and legalized pot.
Drug policy. Specifically, legalizing drugs.
Not just marijuana, either. The Fix and Phoenix House are set to talk about everything from heroin and cocaine to mass incarceration and mandatory vs. optional addiction treatment.
In addition to The Fix and Phoenix House staff members, expect to see tweets from various addiction specialists, journalists, and other drug rehab facilities.
You want in on this?
- Who: The Fix (@_TheFix) and Phoenix House (@Phoenixhouse).
- What: A Twitter chat about drug policy. Be prepared to talk about decriminalizing or legalizing drugs; various drugs like marijuana, cocaine, and heroin; incarceration of nonviolent drug offenders; and substance abuse requirements.
- When: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 3 p.m. EST.
- Where: Twitter! If you don’t have an account, sign up now.
- How: Be sure to follow The Fix and Phoenix House on Twitter, then use the official chat hashtag #drugpol to both read others’ tweets and get in on the conversation yourself.
Find more at The Fix‘s Join Our Twitter Chat On Drug Policy.
Hope so see you there!
Sparks, A. (2013). Twitter Chat: The Fix Tackles Drug Policy in America. Psych Central. Retrieved on October 21, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2013/02/twitter-chat-the-fix-tackles-drug-policy-in-america/