Happy Friday, readers!
If you have children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews, you might be especially interested in what Dr. George Drinka has to say about the role media plays in today’s family dynamic, and, how it’s affecting our children’s health.
Dr. Drinka, a child psychiatrist who’s on the clinical faculty of the Oregon Health Sciences University and has a private practice in Portland, is the author of the upcoming When the Media Is the Parent, a book geared toward educating parents about the role media plays in our children’s lives.
Some of the topics Dr. Drinka covers in his book and online include:
- The media and health concerns.
- How social media affects children.
- The amount of time children spent exposed to media versus with their parents.
- Limiting a child’s exposure to media.
- Better understanding the media your children experience.
While you’ll have to wait a little bit for the book, you can go ahead and check out what Dr. Drinka has to say about the media and children’s health at Dr. George Drinka On Junk Foods, Health Foods, and the Marvel of the Media right now.