Celebrity Psychings Celebrates 3 Years: Contest Time!
UPDATE: 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, December 13, 2011: The entry period is over and comments are closed. Thanks for entering and/or stopping by!
This week, Celebrity Psychings celebrates three years as part of the Psych Central blogging network…
It’s been an interesting ride, one that’s been both smooth and bumpy, and I think we’ve all – readers and this writer included – learned something along the way.
One thing I’m especially happy to say is that Celebrity Pyschings has remained true to its original intent: From providing suicide warning signs and covering mental illness in popular culture back during its first month (December 2008!) to helping you cope with privacy invasion and fostering conversations about artists with mental health hurdles last month, Celebrity Psychings has been a blog about helping people better understand the kinds of mental health issues humans – celebrities and Everyday Joes alike – deal with on a daily basis.
To celebrate the ol’ gal’s birthday, I’d like to give YOU something.
Well, the chance to win something, that is!
Up for grabs is NARSAD Artworks’ original Silver Ribbon Pin (shown left).
NARSAD Artworks is a volunteer nonprofit corporation, the proceeds from which go toward supporting causes related to mental illness, including the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation. NARSAD aims to raise funds and promote public education and eradicate stigma, and when possible the organization even works to boost the self-esteem and income of mentally ill artists. Sometimes, NARSAD even works to help find employment for the mentally ill.
NARSAD Artworks has an amazing stock of products ranging from holiday and note cards to the organization’s “Sunshine From Darkness” poster series and the Silver Ribbon products.
I chose the Silver Ribbon Pin because, to me, it’s a classic, elegant way to show support for brain health that can be worn virtually anywhere. I pinned mine onto my laptop case and haven’t taken it off – ever. Just about everyone who sees it asks about it, which gives me a chance to explain the importance of brain disorder research, the ridiculousness of stigma, and how THEY can support the cause.
With that being said, the contest is simple. All you have to do is:
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada.
- Leave a comment telling me where YOU would wear YOUR Silver Ribbon Pin. You have until 11:59 p.m. EST, Tuesday, December 13, 2011.
- Before sending your comment, make sure you include your real e-mail address in the section that asks for it. This won’t be visible to the public; only to me, who needs it in order to contact the winner.
- Wait a few hours for me to randomly select a winner, a la out-of-a-hat. (Yes, a few hours – this thing ends at 11:59 p.m. A girl has to get some sleep.)
- Check back on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 to find out who won! (NOTE: If it’s you, you’ll probably already know because I’ll e-mail you with a sweet congratulations and demand for your mailing address.)
- Wear it (if you’re the winner)!
Sounds simple enough, right? Let the contest begin!
Sparks, A. (2011). Celebrity Psychings Celebrates 3 Years: Contest Time!. Psych Central. Retrieved on November 20, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2011/12/celebrity-psychings-celebrates-3-years-contest-time/