The late historian and journalist Hendrik Willem van Loon once said, “Somewhere in the world there is an epigram for every dilemma.”
I think that’s why I love quotes so much. It might take a little digging, but you can almost always find a quote for every situation – the good, the bad, and the somewhere in between.
So, as we get closer and closer to 2011, I thought it might be fun to look at a few thought-provoking or inspirational quotes from some of our favorite celebrities.
After all, no matter what kind of year 2010 was, and no matter how we expect 2011 to go, each of us could use a line or two to make us pause, reflect, and plan – whether they’re quotes on love, quotes about friendship, funny quotes, or quotes about life in general
After the jump, and in no particular order, check out 15 celebrity quotes that might inspire you for 2011.
Disclaimer: Each of these celebrity quotes was nipped from one of several garden variety quotation websites – www.thinkexist.com, www.brainyquote.com, www.goodquotes.com, and the sort. Any inaccuracies aren’t the responsibility of Celebrity Psychings, Psych Central, or anyone affiliated.
In other words, these are not exclusive and you can easily hunt your own celebrity quotes if you please. 🙂
1. “The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.” – Jennifer Aniston
2. “The only rule is don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.” – Paris Hilton
3. “I try to believe like I believed when I was five…when your heart tells you everything you need to know.” – Lucy Liu
4. “You make mistakes, but I don’t have any regrets. I’m the kind of person who takes responsibility for it and deals with it. I learn from everything I do.” – Kim Kardashian
5. “I’ve just got to maintain my passion for what I do.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
6. “There’s no bad consequence to loving fully, comma with all your heart. You always gain by giving love.” – Reese Witherspoon
7. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” – Eminem
8. “We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” – Johnny Depp
9. “Once you hit 40, you start re-examining the math of it all. I’ll trade wisdom for youth any day.” – Brad Pitt
10. “I’m my own person, and people can say whatever they want. I’m still going to be the person that I am.” – Lindsay Lohan
11. “You know, what can I say. If a relationship can’t work out, make a record.” – Miley Cyrus
12. “Sometimes you just need your privacy.” – Rihanna
13. “Sexiness is a state of mind – a comfortable state of being. It’s about loving yourself in your most unlovable moments.” – Halle Berry
14. “Just because you’re on the Disney Channel and you always have a smile on your face, they think you’re perfect, and it’s obvious that nobody’s life really is.” – Demi Lovato
15. “Please remember, no matter what you go through in life, somebody else might have it harder. So just appreciate. I feel like in our world today we focus on so many things that are completely pointless.” – Jessica Simpson
Any of those ring any truth with you? What are some of your own favorite celebrity quotes? Or, quotes in general?
Image Credit: Wikipedia