8 thoughts on “Falling Apart? 4 Ways to Get Yourself Back Together

• March 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Hi, what a beautiful blog! Thank you for sharing it. Bless you sister:)

• March 12, 2013 at 12:37 am

Thank you. I relate to no longer recognising myself and emotional intelligence amnesia. I’ve also learned to take the pressure off. Like instead of setting walking/ excersize goals, i’ve started stretching muscle groups. Its far more enjoyable than walking round the block!

• March 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm

You’ve shared and given some gentle advie that I’d feel safe in sharing with anyone who’s suffered a recent loss of someone lose. Remembering a particular loss some years past – my stepson – the first time in my adult life to be so closely involved with a death. Like you, I treasured every card and call. No one should ever worry about saying the wrong thing – just show up.

• March 14, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Just show up is the best advice yet, oldblackdog. Thank you.

• March 20, 2013 at 8:56 am

I thank you for this very personal account.
    My husband died (from cancer, too) six and half years ago, yet I still wear my grief like a second skin.
    The fact that losing my husband – also my best friend – was accompanied by other losses (three dogs, friends, a house, a lifestyle, and issues such as a daughter’s drug addiction and divorce) makes me feel as though I’m an emotional amputee and I still have not yet come to terms with his death.

• March 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Abedulita, grief can be a complicated thing, especially when you have a multitude of losses and other stressors. I encourage you to give yourself compassion and realize that it can be hard to bounce back from all of those things. I hope you are seeing a therapist as I think that might be very helpful for you. Take good care of yourself.

• March 22, 2013 at 5:06 am

Thank you so much for your reply.
        Yes, I am seeing a therapist… have been in treatment for GAD and chronified nervous depression since my late thirties (I am now 67).
        What I *have* come to realise is that different people react differently to a partner’s demise and that there is no set time for healing.