19 thoughts on “3 Quotes for the Broken Hearted – Bouncing Back from Heartbreak

• August 3, 2012 at 1:16 am

“Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”

and

“time heals all wounds”

sometimes it is hard to think about it “it” hurting less then it does now, but it really does get better. just hard to see that when you are in the middle of the heartbreak.

great advice for working through and finding your way to the other side.

• August 4, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thanks, Lori. Heartbreak is just so hard. But we have to allow ourselves a lot of time to heal.

• August 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm

This is a reminder that “accepting” does not mean “liking”—a profound distinction that I need to hear about again and again.

• August 6, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Thanks, Doug. I think I write about it so much because I need to hear it again and again, too!

• August 7, 2012 at 1:28 am

Beautiful and wise words on how to coexist with our pain. It’s so true that we’re hardwired to avoid it, but equally true that to deny it just prolongs it. Your post is powerful because you delve into the meaning of each quote – instead of just offering us some lovely words form eloquent writers. I especially love that last one about sadness flying away on the wings of time.

• August 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Thanks, Sarah. I think these are lovely words, too.

Sometimes, though, I think sadness meanders away on the wings of time rather than flying . . .

• August 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm

These are great tips, Bobbi. My heart is currently bursting rather than breaking, but I’ve totally been there…It sucks. I think the most important part of healing is time – which also sucks, because it’s something you can’t control.

SO it’s probably best to take control of the things you can (accept it, even if you don’t like it & adopt a different perspective), and let time do the rest.

• August 7, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I agree, Kaylee, I think if wounds are going to be healed, it’s mostly time that does it. And maybe a little therapy here and there 😉

(Said the therapist!)

• August 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Thank you for all your posts, Bobbie. I’ve read “4 Things to Remember When You Can’t Take It Anymore” about 10 times in the last six months. I’ve printed out “18 Tips to Bounce Back from Just About Anything” and love these quotations as well. For me the most important thing has been not feeling ashamed of my difficulties (cancelled engagement, guy married someone else a few months later; death of last family member) and my responses to them. I’ve learned to embrace the loss, the grief, and even the love I I felt.

• August 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Ellen, thanks so much for your lovely feedback! I’m so glad my writing has been helpful for you. But I’m sorry you’ve had to go through such tough times recently. It sounds like you are dealing with them in the best way possible – to be open to and accept the losses and all of the varied emotions that come along with them. One of the most important things – which I’m just learning about , too – is to have compassion for yourself. Just like you would a good friend who is going through the same thing.

I’m not sure if you’ve been to my website, but you might want to go to http://www.thebounceblog.com and download my free “Bounce Back” e-book. It might be helpful for you during this time, too.

Thanks again, Ellen, and take good care. Let’s keep in touch via comments here and on The Bounce Blog, okay?

• August 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Thank you very much, Bobbi. I’ll check in on the blog.

• August 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Great!

• August 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Bobbi- As all humans I have had my share of heartbreak. Death, divorce, discouragement. But two years ago I found sadness and discouragment when I lost all my hair, eyelashs, eyebrows. No not from cancer but from Alopecia. What helped me through this pain was “self compassion”. I took the time to take care of my soul. I painted and took walks and cut out negative people. I loved this post and will take it to heart again when heartache comes again. By the way, my hair recently grew back…platinum blonde (I was a brunette).

• August 20, 2012 at 11:02 am

Oh my, what a great story, Jane! Not the Alopecia part – that sucks! – but the self-compassion you used to deal with it. And the fact that your hair grew back platinum blonde! You’ll have to send me a picture; I would love to see it!

• August 12, 2012 at 1:00 am

Thanks for these great quotes, Bobbi. I love the advice about having self compassion at these difficult times.

• August 12, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I agree, Claire. I think self-compassion is a bit of a self-improvement “secret” that we need to bring out into the open more.

• August 14, 2012 at 3:04 pm

#bloghopping – I’m Blog hopping to all my Fav blogger here at Psych Central see: http://psych.ly/MR1Awr

My heart has be crushed, diced, and puree… Yet we are still together 21 years later with 4 awesome kids… The glue to keep us together is more then love…It’s LOT’s of LOVE! Hmmm, having 4 kids, maybe we should tone down the love a bit. 🙂

PS – I’m Retweeting your Blog and Pinning it too 🙂 Feel free to share the love…Come join me in Blog hopping this month.

• August 14, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Thanks, Chato! Love is always the key, isn’t it?

• December 28, 2012 at 2:28 am

Thank you. I need this right now. My heart is so very broken and it has been 6 months and I just don’t know if I can go on. I have too though. I thank you for your insights. They are helpful.