About Bella DePaulo, Ph.D
Bella DePaulo (Ph.D., Harvard; Academic Affiliate, Psychological and Brain Sciences, UC Santa Barbara), an expert on single life, is the author of several books, including "Singled Out: How Singles Are Stereotyped, Stigmatized, and Ignored, and Still Live Happily Ever After" and "How We Live Now: Redefining Home and Family in the 21st Century." Her TEDx talk is "What no one ever told you about people who are single," https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZysfafOAs. Dr. DePaulo has discussed singles and single life on radio and television, including NPR and CNN, and her work has been described in newspapers such as the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and USA Today, and magazines such as Time, Atlantic, the Week, More, the Nation, Business Week, AARP Magazine, and Newsweek. Dr. DePaulo is in her sixties. She has always been single and always will be. She is "single at heart" -- single is how she lives her best and most meaningful life. Visit her website at www.BellaDePaulo.com.
Articles by Bella DePaulo, Ph.D:
- Why Do Married Women Say, “My Husband Won’t Let Me”?
21 Apr 2018
- Reading Faces: With No Discussion, Female Friends Agree on What They Mean
17 Apr 2018
- Who’s Afraid of Being Single?
14 Apr 2018
- Do You Ever Want to Go Home When You Are Out Having a Good Time?
11 Apr 2018
- In China, the Only Women Who Can Be Astronauts Are Married Ones
08 Apr 2018
- Mary Used to Be Such a Popular Name — What Happened?
05 Apr 2018
- Good Marriage, Good Life? Compared to What?
02 Apr 2018
- Are You Married? The Answer Depends a Lot on Your Religion
30 Mar 2018
- Are Single People a Threat to Small-Town Values?
26 Mar 2018
- Let’s Value Men’s Friendships as Much as Their Romantic Relationships: Guest Post by Kim Evensen
22 Mar 2018
- My Mom Never Said She Wished I Would Marry Until She Was Dying
18 Mar 2018
- How the APA Style Manual Tricked Me into Becoming a Writer
15 Mar 2018
- Parents, Be Careful What You Wish For
14 Sep 2015