6 thoughts on “Picking Myself Apart (Pt. 2)

• November 20, 2018 at 9:13 am

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this! My friend has derma and she started using a bracelet that she can program to vibrate when she starts picking. it lets her know what her hands are doing and so far she’s doing well with it. It’s called Keen. maybe it would help you too?

• December 17, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Hi Tina,

Although some of this is not done consciously, much of the time I do pick knowing what I’m doing. I’ll tell myself to stop and that I’m doing a lot of damage to my fingers but this is an addiction–if it were that easy for me to stop I would have done so years ago. I could maybe look into getting this but I doubt it would do me much good. :/ Thank you for the suggestion, though! I’m happy your friend has noticed an improvement in her picking!

• December 14, 2018 at 1:50 pm

I’m with you. I deleted to everything you’ve written in this post. Wish there was an answer or a solution to this problem, but I don’t know of one. Just know there’s someone else out here dealing with the same thing. ❤️

• December 17, 2018 at 8:32 pm

Hi Robin,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a comment! It makes me feel a little better that I’m not the only one struggling with this issue (not that I would wish derm on anyone else–it’s awful.) Have you ever talked to a professional about it?

Leah

• December 14, 2018 at 3:06 pm

I pick aswell..cuticles arms legs face anything that doesn’t fee “smooth” so I understand.the worst is my butt and thighs..sitting is horribly painful when I so that…I even do it in my sleep so I wake up w blood under my nails and realize what I dis to myself once again…along w this I’m a cheek biter so yay for that. Ur definitely not alone.

• December 17, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Hi Nina,

Thanks for sharing–I know it’s not easy to talk about. Dealing with this can feel incredibly isolating. I know I feel alone struggling with it most of the time. Thanks for your comment and for taking the time to read my post!

Leah