8 thoughts on “Mandala For Your Soul

• June 7, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I have some mandalas but and this may sound dumb, but I’m scared to work on it. What if it’s not good enough? Most things I do aren’t good enough. I don’t want to get made fun of because I’m not good enough.

• June 7, 2015 at 5:58 pm

There is not right or wrong; no good or bad in mandala. It is all about engaging in the activity. It does not matter what the mandala looks like when you have completed it. The literal engagement in creating a mandala is the purpose of mandala. The resulting “picture” will be a reflection for you to use as you become aware of what is inside you. This is how you use mandala. Your mandala is for you. I have a suggestion: use the intention to resolve this inner conflict of feeling as if what you do is “never good enough” and meditate on what might be within your unconscious that is feeling that way; ask your “higher self” or your “higher power” to help you heal from feelings of unworthiness, or of any feelings or beliefs that you are not “good enough” just as you are- here now… meditate on that idea for a few minutes and then begin to engage in the creation of more mandalas. If you continue to do this over and over, eventually you might find yourself free from the limiting belief that you are not “good enough” while also resolving the emotions that swell inside the unconscious as a result of those limiting beliefs. Its about engaging in the moment; and it does not matter what the mandala looks like when you have completed the process. In tibet, they make these in the sand, and then once it is completed, they erase it. It is about the process, not the product. Let me know what you think.

• June 7, 2015 at 7:43 pm

I feel this way because it’s true. I turned two brothers in for sexually abusing me when I was 11. Took me four years to get the courage. When I did, I was told I broke up my family. My parents told my other brothers and sisters I lied. I’m pretty sure my mom hated me after that. Anything I did after this was never good enough. I got made fun of sometimes too by my mom. So you see, I’m not good enough and if I show that on s mandala, others will see it too.

• June 9, 2015 at 8:50 am

there are lots of youtube videos of people coloring a mandala. Maybe try watching someone else for awhile before you try your own.

• June 7, 2015 at 6:44 pm

This is great article dealing people mental issues

• June 7, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I love this! I am excited to read about the use in therapy. Mandalas are great for anxiety and many other things. Thanks for the article

• June 9, 2015 at 5:41 am

I did a Masters degree using manadalas with young boys, it was astounding! I use them often – both creating my own and colouring pre-drawn ones – and I teach the use of mandalas in therapy too!! Mandalas rock!! 🙂

• June 11, 2015 at 4:54 am

Very well said, Barbara. The process is the focus in creating Mandalas. The end result is just a reflection of our inner world.