7 thoughts on “On The Verge of A Bipolar Rant? Here Are My 6 Triggers and Tips to Help Avoid Disaster

• August 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

Your insights are helpful, I can easily get moved to anger. I have a different problem though – I find at times my husband is over solicitous and I become angry/upset because I feel he’s too helpful making me feel helpless and so I cry. Guess I need to work on that.

• August 3, 2012 at 9:27 am

>How I feel is not their problem, it is mine.

Beth, that one is golden 🙂

• August 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

Greg, thanks. It is a truth I live and breathe every day. Some days it’s easy to remember and other days I have to force myself, but every day it is a constant reminder to myself!

• August 9, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Omg this sounds just like me! All those things trigger me to go off too. And I will most def be using your advice as to what you do as much as I can.

• August 1, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I just happened to come across this and its completely relatable. My husband is my biggest trigger and half the time I throw in the towel when we argue . He always blames my bipolar. But I think that I’ll just go away to my safe place and take a breather.

• November 17, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Finally, I don’t feel like a monster! I actually searched bipolor II Why do my kids trigger rage in me? This is what I found. I’m so sick of myself literally. I feel like throwing up after one of my screeching fits. My head throbs, my muscles tense. My kids are in tears. I’m in tears. All because my I kids’s start bickering. Or they act sassy with me. Or are non-compliant. Why does it send me over the edge? Well, I’m completely off any meds for last 6 weeks. They weren’t working anymore and I wanted to let my symptoms really come to the surface. Now we can start fresh when I go for next evaluation. Thanks for sharing, and for lettinge me share my misery. God bless.

• December 21, 2016 at 8:30 am

To me, it seems to sound like regular irritation and annoyance. I think anyone with these triggers would get annoyed. If I just cleaned and someone made a mess straight afterwards it would piss anyone off.