8 thoughts on “The Three Types of Mania

• October 25, 2013 at 7:59 am

Mania is very deceiving, and it is very powerful! It’s the I can do all, feeling.
    It’s very tricky, we usually feel very good, physically, and mentally. We may have
    Just come out of a deep depression, full of lethargy, with aches and pains. We may
    lie to ourselves, thinking we deserve this better feeling. Mania brings us to a place
    of DENIAL. Nobody can reason with you at all. My friend who would be so manic
    would say she was so enthusiastic, and that her husband would love her so much
    more because she was playful. Mania is something that feels good for the moment,
    but ends very badly.

Thank you for the info on angry mania, I am a angry manic right now, and it’s exhausting. I play scenarios over and over in my head. Feeling angry all the time,
    I don’t want to explode all over my family, it’s not fair to them, and it’s been building and building since we just moved.

• October 25, 2013 at 10:19 am

Java, thank you for this description. You painted a great picture of what mania is really like. I’m sorry you’re dealing with anger and irritability. It can make us feel very guilty!

• October 25, 2013 at 8:59 am

When my mania was mild, I spent every bit of money I could lay my hands on, just as fast as I could. When stronger it was all hypersexuality.

• October 27, 2013 at 3:08 am

I’ m just now coming out of an “innocent” hypomanic episode. Thank you for describing it so well!

• October 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I have rewritten some parts of the ACA and Govt policies. My theories are so revolutionary that i think people are now disregarding them as plausible, they may not be able to connect the dots i can. I have been drawing and writing like never before. I have also redesigned the downtown Riverfront Area. I bought a new car way out of my league, so to a diamond watch and electronics. I have this thing with seriously splurging and i love pc things. i often get scammed when i am manic. Sexual acts too are what i fall int. This femme fatal applies to both men and women. I cant tell you how many gay acts i have done and regretted every one of them and disapprove deeply in myself for falling back to lust. Thank you soo much for this article. the worst part of it is Ill become aggressive and feel like a superhero and when it comes to work i will be fired for being impulsive, irrational, abrasive or cuss out the boss. I just cant help it.

• October 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm

These points are all right on. I’ve only recently (last 2 months) been diagnosed as bi-polar. I could see myself so clearly in all those points listed above and it makes me cringe in embarrassment. The problem I’m having currently is this- I can’t tell if I am genuinely happy or simply manic. Seeing as I’ve had the symptoms of this disease my whole life, I really don’t know how to recognize the difference.

• October 30, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Zelda, that is something many people with bipolar deal with, wondering if they are truly feeling well, feeling joyful, or if they are hypomanic or manic. I hope my articles can help you learn about the illness. Thanks for coming and come back and comment soon. -Kat.

• November 5, 2013 at 1:28 am

Ironic that I read this when I’ve been swimming through angry mania/irritable mania for days. I find myself very fidgety, unable to concentrate, easily set off. I’m really bad with pushing people’s buttons when manic to the point of losing friends I’ve had for 19 years. This article was really spot on, nice to know I’m not alone.