6 thoughts on “Bipolar People Get Angry Too

• February 28, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Those of us with bipolar illness get JUSTIFIABLY angry too, just like anyone else. We are human. Not all of our anger is a bipolar moment.

We just have to be more careful than ‘normals’ not to allow that righteous anger to escalate into something much worse.

• March 13, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Understanding about anger is probably the most importnat concept in this article. There is going to be different kinds of anger and there will be times when it can affect the others around you. You and the people that surround you need to be aware of all situations.

• April 11, 2014 at 6:41 am

Frustration in managing day to day activities and stress in relationships with friends and family, could make the bipolar people more angry.

• May 6, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Understanding it is normal to be tearful or manic gives me great comfort. Talking to family, work, friends helps me too so they understand better my moods and dont take offence.
    I channel the energy by writing, with a notebook by my bed to write thoughts and ideas down this time about career and clear my head. This works for me anyway.
    i have since applied for another job – normally i would have not applied and my current employer is now looking to channel me in areas I can make a differnce and enjoy. I am looking forward to branching out in these new directions in time and this was only possible by channelling energy productively and being open to employers. I still plan day by day and I know it will pass. I am eating loads more than normal to keep weight on, yum!

• July 18, 2014 at 12:45 pm

This is a very good article about anger. I used to fly off the handle and do things I regretted and still regret. Now I tell myself to calm down, refocus, and take deep breaths, and I also tell myself I don’t have to react. This helps. Also, getting enough sleep, eating healthy food, and exercising every day helps me to remain calm most of the time. I am always working on staying calm.

• July 24, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Since I was very young I have many times been surprised by the response I receive when I think I am expressing what I call being “annoyed.” “Why are you so angry?” “What are you so mad about? It’s not that big of a deal!” “Oh my gosh, over-react much?” I’m 52 years old and have learned to be careful when I get “annoyed,” I appear to be just shy of rage. The reality for me is that I don’t grasp how I am perceived …I don’t understand why I get such odd responses to the things I say. Thanks to the meds I take I am learning how people perceive my words and body language. I still have a long way to go but it is much better. I am so thankful that bi-polar disorder is considered a mental disability and I can come to this site and grab articles to share with the people in my life. It helps them understand me. The fact that I do indeed have a disability gives my employer a place to go and get advice on how to best utilize my ups and downs. There are advantages to both states as long as they don’t swing too far. The one thing that I still have trouble with is being spoken to as though I am stupid. Talk about anger, nothing brings me to a dangerous place quicker than someone outing me as “an idiot.” My response to such incidence has cost me jobs, relationships, large sums of money and my own sense of self worth. I’ve learned to be kind of like the Hulk… I say calmly with conviction, “you might want to be careful, you wont like me when I’m angry.” Those words make me laugh and I calm down. They also warn the jerk types that there is line they should not cross and the people who know me best are quick to come to my defense. I’m thankful for real friends and family that help me through the tougher times.