Our life journey will have both peaks and valleys. It would be great if we could always be enjoying the view from the peaks, but that’s just not how life unfolds.
When life is going well we can do everything in our power to enjoy the experience and bask in the glory. These moments help us recognize how amazing life can be!
But we will also be down and out at times. We will have to climb our way out of the valley, and it is these moments where we can develop our grit and resilience.
We can grow into a more wise and composed person.
Both the ups and downs are important for our growth, and whether life is going well or not, we can always focus on doing our best each day.
Some days will be better than others but realize that each day is the sum of the greater whole of your life.
Here are some quotes to remind you to keep growing and moving in a positive direction.
1. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
2. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
3. “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
4. “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.” – Peter Drucker
5. “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
6. “Everyone can be great because everyone can serve.” – Martin Luther King
7. “When you have completed 95 percent of you journey, you are only halfway there.” – Japanese Proverb
8. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
10. “God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them.” – Author Unknown
11. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t — you are right.” – Henry Ford
12. “We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
13. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
15. “Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.” – Oscar Wilde
16. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman.
17. “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss
18. “Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.” – Marianne Williamson
19. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott.
20. “Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot