5 Tips On How To Stay On Schedule With Your Meds
Staying consistant with your meds is paramount to your mental health. It is important to take your meds at the same time every day. Why? Because it keeps your mind and body in balance.
- Set an alarm. This one seems obvious but few people follow through with this tip. By setting an alarm, you are sure to be aware of when it is time to take your meds
- Take your pills after meals if you eat about the same time each day. This becomes like one more bite of your meal.
- Ask someone you trust to remind you of your schedule.
- Write it down. Writing it down on a calendar or post-it makes it noticeable.
- Put your meds in a container, the kind with multiple spots for pills. Seeing it is a visual reminder.
My point here is that meds are important, but more importantly is taking them on time. They can’t work right if you don’t take them right. Figure out a way that is best for you and stay well.
Martin, E. (2017). 5 Tips On How To Stay On Schedule With Your Meds. Psych Central. Retrieved on December 18, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/being-bipolar/2017/04/09/5-tips-on-how-to-stay-on-schedule-with-your-meds/