1. I am thankful that I didn’t die when I nearly did. Or that the cuts were never too deep. That those suicidal ideas were, for the most part, not nearly as strong as my will to live.
2. I am thankful for the medication that keeps me well. As much as I hate to “need” it, I am glad to have it as an aid in my stabilization.
3. I am thankful that I can be an inspiration to some of you out there. My life’s not perfect and I am okay with that. I just try. Fiercely.
4. I am thankful for the brave friends I have met along my mentally ill path – from the hospitals to support groups to online community members. They inspire ME!
5. I am thankful for my family and friends who never gave up on me, even when I was difficult and ugly and tiresome. Thank you.
6. I am thankful for my mom who is ALWAYS there, no matter what, to listen and console me.
7. I am thankful for my boyfriend who lives with me (he LIVES with me)! He has started me in many directions and stopped me from following many others. With him, I am safe.
8. I am thankful for my dogs who count on me to keep my shit together and take care of them. They don’t ask for much – to be fed, to be let out and back in again, a little lovin’ time. Their needs are simple and honest and get me out of bed.
I am a very thankful person, my nightly prayers are long, but this is a short list of my “bipolar disorder” thankfulness list.
Image courtesy of debspoons at FreeDigitalPhotos.net