6 thoughts on “Why Adult Aspies Aren’t Being Diagnosed: A Human Rights Crisis

• August 24, 2018 at 12:16 pm

You failed to mention that aspergers was removed in the latest DSM V and can no longer be diagnosed as such.

• August 24, 2018 at 12:59 pm

I did, and it was a purposeful omission. I will be doing some articles about that in the near future. Perhaps I should have noted that in the article, though. Thank you for pointing it out.

• September 11, 2018 at 7:18 am

Sounds like me, althou I am undiagnosed.

• September 11, 2018 at 9:34 am

It was only a few short months ago that I was diagnosed. When you know, you know… Feel free to email me at lynchburgcp@gmail.com if you’d like to be connected to a Facebook group where you can sort through the possibility in a safe space with like-minded people.

• September 26, 2018 at 4:16 am

Hello Terra Vance,

First, huge thanks! Your written words means a lot. When people are suprised about me being autistic, I often refer to this blog article – your story. It helps others to understand that it’s difficult to recognize, and also that society needs more information. Girls should not need to be woman before getting diagnosed. It is mental and also physical health pevention to know early, and society is a part of that health – ‘cake’. I like to look at health in light of the BPS-model (biology, psychology, and social factors). Three circles you can’t escape, and you need to start with the biology -> the autism spectrum – operstive system.  If not you will most likely burnout in the end. I sure did and devoluped long lasting pain condition- fibromyalgia.

* One question I hope you or anyone else could answer is if I’m allowed to post this article on my FB Page? I have read the terms of use, but I’m unsure about my interpretation of the psychcentral copyright terms.

• May 8, 2019 at 9:42 pm

What can I say, other than I’m overcome with relief to have seen written what I myself have yet been able to articulate since being diagnosed at the age of 48 just a few months ago. Thank you, thank you, a million and one thank yous for this! If I’ve read one article I’ve read hundreds, and this one nails it on the head!