Terra Vance is a speaker, author, activist, and industrial and organizational (IO) psychology consultant specializing in diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, and poverty dynamics. Feeling discouraged with the social injustices and intrinsic biases which impeded progress for her students during her thirteen year tenure as an English teacher in public schools, Terra left her career in education and obtained a Master of Science in IO psychology in order to address those barriers at the systemic level. Now, she works as a consultant advising clients in the business sector with employee productivity, workplace culture, training, compliance, change management, and human resources. As an aspie (a person with Asperger’s syndrome) married to an aspie husband and parenting an aspie daughter, Terra uses her clinical knowledge, her experience working with neurodiverse individuals, and her perspective as an authentically-autistic person to contribute to awareness, acceptance, and tolerance of autistics and other marginalized populations.
Unapologetically Aspie is a blog dedicated to empowering neurodiverse individuals, celebrating the gifts of autism and maximizing autistic potential, debunking myths and misunderstandings surrounding diagnoses, providing conscientious leaders and business owners with tools to empower diverse employees, detailing best practices in workplace culture, and advising families and individuals in self-advocacy. Informed by best practices in IO psychology, behavior economics, philosophy, neuropsychology, and behavioral science, Unapologetically Aspie encourages a stigma-free, progressive approach to thoughtfully embracing diversity, fearlessly coping with differences, enthusiastically capitalizing on the gifts of the diverse brain, and radically accepting the self without apology.
Topics covered within this blog will address:
Industrial and Organizational Psychology:
- Behavior economics
- Leadership development
- Diversity in the workplace
- The individual and systemic impacts of poverty
- Project management
- Fostering an inclusive professional culture
- The consequence of prejudice
- Employee Satisfaction
- Continuing Education
- Performance Coaching
Neurodiversity and Mental Health
- The gifts of neurodiversity
- Autism spectrum disorders
- ADHD, OCD, dyslexia, Tourette syndrome, etc.
- DESNOS, PTSD, and complex PTSD
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Neurodiversity and identity
- Self-advocacy, self-empowerment, and self-worth
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Neurodiverse activism
- Radical hope and acceptance
- Emotion regulation and crisis management
- Interpersonal skills and relationships
Learn more by visiting Terra’s website, here.