The College Board is calling it the Redesigned SAT, and it’s coming out soon!
The New SAT will first be given on March 5, 2016. Until then, the current version will be given.
All students should create a user name and password on the College Board site, to access all the free resources and receive important updates.
Are you a senior as of this Fall?
- Chances are, you’ve already taken the SAT once or twice as a junior. That version is still being given, through January, 2016.
- This means that seniors in Fall 2015 will not take the New SAT. They should continue to prep for the current version.
- The last test date for this version is January 23, 2016. It will also be given on Oct 3, Nov 7 and Dec 5, 2015.
- Seniors should use this review book.
Are you a Junior as of this Fall?
- Students who are juniors in Fall 2015 will take the New version of the PSAT in October, 2015. Try out the New PSAT with this official practice test.
- Juniors will then take the New SAT in the spring of 2016. (March 5, May 7, or June 4, 2016)
- The official Redesigned SAT review book is now available for juniors and anyone taking the SAT in March, 2016 or after.
All students should check these dates and register as soon as possible, to get the best choice of test centers.
Both versions of the SAT are challenging, and the key to doing well is to prepare consistently. Start now, even if you’re a junior!
- Sign up for the SAT Question of the Day.
- Find practice questions here.
- Use the free videos and practice materials on KhanAcademy.
Students, parents and educators: Please sign up for Learning Something New, my free newsletter containing articles, videos, study tips and food for thought about learning better and living better, delivered to your inbox 2-3 times each month.
Photo by Benjamin Chun